1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I am PROUD of DH!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by loonypooh, Jul 19, 2010.

1. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

ok so i just want to boast about DH, is that allowed?:)
    I started to work, when DD turned 9 months, and DH decided to work from home , YES he is a WAHD, and apparently we do get stares from some in the neighbourhood. but do i care?

The kind of bond he has with DD, is so rare, and simply amazing.

i always pondered if men can be great at looking after kids the entire day?and i thought it wasnt that nice of an idea, i was SO WRONG?!!??

He wakes up with me, when i leave for office at 7.45 am, yeah thats early, but thats thenature of my job.

Earlier i would fix breakfast for everyone and leave, now he insists he wld hv a bowlful of cereal and make DDs breakfast. :)

feeds her, cleans her, keeps her until nanny arrives...

i handed over a recipe book for DD, to him, and he and nanny together prepare DDs lunch....

keeps a track on wehn to bottle feed her, often goes and plays with DD throughout the day, and amongst all these meets his deadlines too :thumbsup

as i type ,hemust hv lugged the baby in her carseat, and reaching office, to come pick mama up.....

we reach home, despite of his tight schedules, and spending time with Z on and off, he spends a good 1 hr with us, going to the park.
    He does owl at nights, but heck he loves to work late... :hide:

I am so happy to see that he looks like a muchj better parent than I am..... and the norm we hv in our society, of the man to be the one gonig out is SO wrong...i am just so proud of him, the way he balances work ,time for DD, and sqeeze some time out for his beloved wife too..

I just wanted to boast, sorry ladies!

2. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

:thumbsup

Good to know that and yes I do feel that men now-a-days are more closer towards children than we were.

I do not remember talking to my father freely until I was a teenager. I used to a bit afraid of him and was never close.Now the bond has developed, however the initial parenting days make a difference

3. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Pooh, :cheers If my DH gets to read this post, he would instantly crave to be a WAHD or even a SAHD:biglaugh:biglaugh Its sooo nice to read :))) Life is nice now haaan? Dont feel bad when you step out everyday morning, all dads step out of house everyday morning, isnt it? but the kids do share a special bond with them. Coz they spend 1-1 time with kids after work. Glad that you are getting this time with Z and DH.
    But how does he manage to wakeup early, even after working late nights? Ask him to take care too, his health is important. He gets to take short naps in the day??
    Lots of love and blessings for your family :)

4. daisymom

daisymom Senior IL'ite

i m so happy for you three :)

God Bless!!:thumbsup

5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

It is allowed, and pls. copy-paste this post in the Relationships forum also! Some of the folks there also would benefit from knowing such Men exist.

6. cuties

cuties Bronze IL'ite

I second that. Infact I starting talking to my dad more freely after I moved to US and got married. I wish he was more involved when we were growing up, but my DD is such a daddy's girl.
    I don't think DH would have mind staying at home with DD but it is like who rakes in more moolah gets to work, so he worked and I stayed home.

Good to hear about your DH loonypooh, am glad things are changing :)

7. divyaprashmenon

divyaprashmenon Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    So happy to read about the happiness in your family..God Bless!!

Two days before,we discussed the same in our house.Some talks on a work in which DH can work from home is going on and hence,he was saying that he'll look after the kids and I can start working...Dont know how things will materialise..

Divya

8. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

Reading your post itself makes us happy:). Thanks for sharing

9. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

@cuties- true... in our case DH is lucky enough to rake good moolah from home lol....so that did give me some confidence that u could go out and work. Infact he really had to push me, since the last i worked was in 2007!

@Spidey- well i wish copy pasting was allowed in this forum, apparently they are so against duplicate posting :(.... i feel so sad that he relationships forum is so anti-male....when i go through , i somehow just feel howcan men always be the one at fault? I somehow believe- it takes two 2 tango :), ofcourse there are exceptions too.

ptamil- thats so true!infact i do not remember i ever hugged or kissed my dad... not that we werent close, but thats how it always was!

Pon- yeah i have now stopped feeling bad or guilty about leaving bubs.... I know she is going to be fine, since dada is around.:) ....I always keep reminding him, his health is of utmost importance :)

soumya, daisymom......... thanks!

10. paru72

paru72 Silver IL'ite

u are one of the blessed ones!!!!!