1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I am not good at giving tittle, hope what I have written makes sense

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jan 12, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Olden times people did not have much facilities but still they were happy. Now a days life is full of tension, so many love marriages, children staying away from parents either abroad or separately due to less space in the house. Like Pushpavalli Madam said in her thread kumuti aduppu was there. No gas those days.

When we were staying in Hyderabad we never had fan in our house but still we could live without fan. Must be because we had separate houses with good ventilation. In Mumbai the houses are very crowded.

Olden days everyone was staying in their own villages with bunglow type houses, a big garden with vegetables, flowers. They got fresh vegetables from their own houses so they did not get much sickness. There were not so much qualified Doctors. Grandmothers used to have their own home made medicines. Women were at home looking after the house , joint familiies so children were looked after well. Our great grandparents, grandparents lived a long and healthy life. Now a days more Doctors and more sickness also

At present not much of joint families, women are working women , only one child but to bring them up also they have to struggle. Children are smart from the time they are born. We require so many facilities in modern life. We have got addicted to facilities like I have got addicted to IL.

Feel sad for those working women who have to cook the food, leave their children in their in law's house or creche carrying the child and also the things required for them everyday, again come back in the evening and cook for the night.

2. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Viji Ma,

Title doesn't matter. What Matters is the Matter.:thumbsup

Your posts always have enough matter which matters to people who seek matter.:)

Now you have enough FANS here in IL and to feel happy & proud of it.:coffee

Now time to think how to live with so many Fans & keep in contact, ofcourse on IL.

Joint families - those days are gone by far....... I too love that.

But practical approach is to compromise, that's life.

Here we are a big Joint Family for sure.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  3. deraj

deraj Platinum IL'ite

Viji Mam

Its bitter truth. Feeling the pain.

4. iyerviji

Dear Natpudan

Thank you for your first fb and you made my day by your fb. Small things make me very happy. True here we are a joint family and the love and affection received is so much that we forget everything and pass our time here.

viji

5. iyerviji

Dear Deraj

Short and sweet fb.Thank you for visiting here.

love
    viji

6. gsaikripa

gsaikripa Gold IL'ite

Dear viji mami,
    unmai thaan..same situation happened in one of my friend..she leaves her DD with maidservant for care taking.she is also adopted child.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    As Natpu had mentioned you have lot of fans, so why to bother about the electric fan? In fact the things which were considered as luxury have become essential now. We studied in chimney vilakku , but now if the power goes off even for a few minutes we feel so restless.
    As I was also a working woman, I understand the difficulties faced by working women, but when my children were young I was at home looking after them. I was lucky to get the job after they become old enough and were not dependent on me for everything.

As long as people understand what we write no need to worry about the proficiency of language.
    Love,
    PS

8. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

Dear viji Mam!

Nice Post!!!

Precisely pictured present scenario..

Yes

How i would love to be ina joint family!!!

Joint family meant one with many sibligs with cosisters, in laws, their parents...

yes longevity has reduced.. my grand mom lived a healthy life till 96 when she died naturally, my dad is facing lots of health at the age of 66,Mom being much younger than him is facing more problems than him in her early fifites!

Yes fan was a rare thing even when i was a child, slowly it became a necessity.... No chance of fresh veggies any more - rather mostly they are inorganic.. naturally grown naturally looking veggies are rare to find.. Amusing!!

WHat has man made to beloved mother earth!

I guess man has taken more previlege than the other children of mother nature and have started to erode her like a drunkard beaating up his mom for more money to drink..!!

Life style has become busy- i fall in to the category u mentioned - cook leave kid with in laws come back n cook n clen house put kid to sleep and before i go to deep sleep it dawns...

Of all the commotions u have mentioned - u have included one more word - lots of love marriages..! Just curious to ask as why its being listed amongst other materialistic chaos that had occured ?
    Again I fall under this category too - :) - waiting eagerly for ur reply.

9. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,
    do not bother about the title as long as you touch the wonderful topics and present them in a lovely manner. As you have mentioned,
    there is a drastic change in lifestyle of the urban youth today. A newborn baby observes his/her presence in an air-conditioned room of a big multi-specialties hospital with full of automated equipments. When the baby grows, he/she found a posh house with ACs, LCDs, home theatres, laptops, playstations, automatic toys, 4-wheeler to travel all around and when it comes to the college time, it's about hangouts, partying, pubs, rocking music, i-pods, Levi's jeans, Reebok shoes, Rayban glasses -"Style statement" of the youth today, and they feel if they do not have all these it will affect their image.

Today how many of them would prefer a pen when a laptop is given? So the day is not so far when we will stop using pens and even we will stop walking also because of the vast use of 4-wheelers. I'm more concerned about the changing lifestyle which can even make us more sophisticated and arrogant by neglecting simple human values.

And I'm sure one fine day our kids or their kids will ask about trees, an auto rickshaw, pen, paper, animals, etc. And we can show them only in pictures.Sorry for the long feed back.
    with love
    pad

10. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Viji mami, as Pushpa mam and Padmini mam pointed out the title does not matter....it is only the matter that you want to share.

I missed all your writing for sometime................especially this daily discussion and am really glad that you are back again in full swing at it !!

What I used to keep talking to myself about is out through you. You have the right aptitude to put the points straight foward like the arrow hitting the bulls eye.

Thanks mami....