1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I am my Valentine Today..:-)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Maneesha, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Maneesha

Maneesha New IL'ite

Hi friends,

Just thought of sharing this. You all may find it strange but i m absolutely loving it( Mc D Burger Type Big Laugh). I m my Valentine today. It has been around 6 years since i have been married and mine is love marriage. I got engaged on this day 6 year back. So this day is special for me for another reason. Like all other women i love to be pampered, given surprise gifts,Roses etc etc. And like all other men all these things are meaning less for DH. For my side i always tried to do things like giving him gift and wishing him to make him feel special on this day. Not getting similar kind of response always gives disappointments. This time i thought enough is enough.I did not keep any expectation from him. He wished me happy valentine day in night( Yesterday he came after 12 from work) and i m more than happy with this much. I thought of doing something good to myself. I became my own Valentine. I dressed up nicely for my self. Went out to eat(with a lady friend). Got myself a gift and feeling great about it.:crazy

I still have plan to buy gift for DH and not taking a stress for it.It's already 5. Let's see how rest of the day goes.

Cheers!!!
    Maneesha

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

happy v day

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  3. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Dear Maneesha,

Happy valentines day to you...let us know how was the rest of your day.

I am sure that like you there are many ladies/girls out there who celebrate valentine in a similar manner.

As for me this time it was a pre valentine day celebration as last week we were in kerala and we took one day off at a resort in Alleppy...so maybe i consider that day as valentine day.

We actually don't celebrate valentine day as we believe that every day is a valentine day for us and not just this one day.

Warm regards
    Roopa

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hi Maneesha,
    HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

It is very nice of you to get out of stress and tension on that day and accept what is offered to you, hats off!

Let us know how it went off!

sriniketan

5. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear dear manesha

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY.........

U sounds like me yaar...........even i love to be pampered , recieve gfifts....go for outing....dinner......etc etc etc..........but hubby doesnot have all this sentiments......or whatever it may be........he dont have habit of giving gifts, cards or any surprise........all these years i ued to fight and argue and expect from him.but mynew year oath is not to expect all thee from him.....and plan to celebrate with my friends.......(ofcourse he shld give me enough moeny).........so i didnt even wish him......

But iam not well...have fever.........so he dont want me to cook.........and want me to take rest...........and even he called me from office(great surprise)and asked me about my health and all..........

And, I LOVE HIM TO THE CORE...........really i dont need any special day........still got some craze in all these worldly matters........

6. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

[​IMG]hi manesha
    heres this for you especially for making your day great..sunkan

7. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

hi maneesha,

yours is indeed a very light post.

i liked the humour in it. you are right, expectations disappoint us.

i wish you a happy valentines day.

8. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Hey Maneesha

Same pinch there.
    I had practiced this concept since I was sixteen.. I was my valentine for very long time. Till I had my friends, who said even friends can be valentine , evenif you dont share love as in love. But having beautiful friendship is love in itself.
    And I know the feeling of treating yourself good. I totally second it. If you cannot love your ownself you cannot love anybody else.

Great going. Reminded of my single days.

Ria

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  9. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI Maneesha,
    Happy Valentine's Day to you!!.
    Even I practice the same thing on important festivals, on my B'day and Anniversary (as my husband doesn't remember any of these).

Regards.

10. Venonimiss

Venonimiss Bronze IL'ite

Hi Maneesha, Happy Valentines. I love the way you are not stressing yourself with all the expectations from your partner and not stressing for any gift you need to buy for him. I think it is all in our minds.

I love gifting and getting surprise gifts. I always wanted something unique, just so that I can say ‘it is our thing’ and that is what happened. I met my husband in 2002 on Feb 13 for the first time and that day became Our Valentines Day. Every Feb. 13th, I used to surprise my husband with gifts (mostly very personal and unique like love letters, poems, some pictures in a collage from our best memories and of course some sexy card games, clothes etc). And each time, my husband used to feel guilty that he did not bring me anything. Later we used to go out for elegant dinners.

But on our 4th Feb 13th (I was pregnant then), he surprised me with a big teddy bear with hearts and balloons and cake - early in the morning (Well he’s learning :). I did not give him anything that year. And next year, we had a 7-month baby and I surprised him with a big Red Heart shaped balloon and a nice poem. He had no words. But I was very proud in front of my mother in law.

And the next year, we were stressed out with our new house, loans and baby etc. We just wished each other. No gifts!

This year, we just came from London on Feb 10th (we were there, along with my parents from India, for a emergency family incident about my sister's 2 yr old) and my parents will be here on Feb 17th from London. With this entire going, we both couldn't afford to buy anything for each other. In spite of all that, this Feb 13th was very passionate and memorable for us for many reasons. We got back to our own place and had our lone time with each other after 3 weeks. We got a new perspective of how different and how close we were to each other when compared to many couples we met in our trip this time. Yesterday, we couldn't stop ourselves saying out loud to each other "you are the best thing that happened to me - ever". Well - I don't think there is room for any gifts or any other celebrations after that.

So all I have to say is, If not one time, I assure you that good times will come around sooner or later (May not be just on Valentines day). But still, I long for a good time like you had with my girl friends, which is not possible for the fact that they live few states apart from mine and I don't have many friends living where I live, who can spare some time for me leaving their partners and households on Valentines. Good for you. Enjoy! Keep up the good spirit.