1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

I am irritated always . Please advice

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by amnilakshmi, Mar 12, 2012.

1. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

I feel lonely, depressed and anxious most of the time. I have severe mood swings. recently i noticed that this is maximum before/after my periods. Could this be PMS ?

I occassionally feel enthusiastic. I have tired to join hobby classes. and i have started to go for yoga too ( though i have gone only for 1 class ). Please give me tips/ remedies for this. I keep yelling at my kid and hubby without reasons. I am getting worried because of my behaviour. I even checked my iron content as i was feeling very tired and irritated and i have started iron tablets too and this doesnt seem to solve this issue.
    Please help.

2. fortunate

fortunate New IL'ite

Hi Amnilakshmi!

I too had the same problem , until few months back. By God's grace I am out of it now. this happened because i started watching a show - "Awakening with Brahma kumaris". it helped me a lot. Iam Happy and peaceful now. since i cannot watch this in tv, i watch it through youtube. the episodes i was and am repeatedly watching is - Happiness Unlimited- conducted by Sister Shivani and Suresh Oberoi. this has made me a new person totally. try this if it helps you.this is not any religious matter. along with this I started doing yoga in the mornings and walks inthe evening. developed new hobbies like reading positive attitiude books, painting, learning a new langauge and trying new recipes etc. I made a timetable for all my daily activities and saw that every thing was done accordingly and the time spent fruitfully. This has changed not only me but also my family.

4 people like this.
  3. Nivedhiya

Nivedhiya Bronze IL'ite

Take your husbands help and try to find sometime just for yourself.We all need a break from our routine.Spend time with friends and pursue our interests.Dont get caught in the web of thinking your family needs you all the time.Yes they do , but in a healthy and positive way ...so taking that little time for yourself to rejuvenate yourself , will help your family and you as well .. try it

4. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Maybe you need a break from your routine. Try to go out somewhere or do something different. Yoga would have benefittef you if you would have attended more classes.

I feel mayb you just need to relax and unwind. Spend time playing with your kid. Cook a differnt meal instead of the daily menu. Plan a faily outting on a weekend. Start your day with a prayer. Am sure you will feel better.

5. nilasisu

nilasisu Bronze IL'ite

i had similar issues......i was irritated if my daughter do any small mistakes or not listening me..then i will beat her sometimes.then i realized myself about that what i m doing.i spent sometime for me and playing time with my kid,with my hubby.i have changed when i started thinking my behaviours.

spend time to go for small walk in the evenings,watch the night sky...spend time with your kid.talk to your friends generally.important is spend time with your hubby.share your emotions with him,that will make you to be happy.this is the age we can enjoy our life with our hubby...so enjoy urself.

6. bhavyak

bhavyak New IL'ite

Start watching Awakening with Brahma Kumari's in Sanskar channel at 10pm every night.. Your behavior and entire outlook will change..

7. narra

narra Silver IL'ite

hi,
    check your thyroid levels. mood swings, irritating, depress these are all common symptoms of thyroid. i had same symptoms and doctor diagnosed Hypo(under active) thyroid.

8. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP,
    Did this irritability start recently? or are you by nature a bit short tempered? If it started recently, try to figure out what changed recently in your life.

It could be health / hormonal issues, stress in job / family.

It could be some unresolved emotional problems with someone or something that is pressing on your mind. Sometimes a sense of helplessness and frustration starts building if things do not go as expected and results in irritability.

If you are a perfectionist by any chance, you might have to slow down. You will burn yourself up. Dont sweat the small things. Fear of some things that could happen in future also make us restless and irritable.

Not managing time properly could result in irritability. Key is to have a written plan (but it should be practical and not suffocate) and try to follow it.

We mostly get angry when we are tired. So eat on time and do not sacrifice sleep hours.

Or it It could even be something as simple as an annoying friend / neighbor. I had one who had the habit of getting under my skin by her non stop gossip of which i had no interest in. She was an expert in making others feel bad about themselves. Everything was a competition for her. Drained my energy.

Another friend was always fighting with her husband and would call me and cry (both selfish babies and immature idiots) and I had to offer marriage counselling for hours ..really messed up my mind as I ended up thinking of her problems a lot and what a waste of my time.

When I noticed that every meeting with them made me irritable. I had to slowly wean myself and reduce my time with toxic people for my own happiness (still have touch with them but with a limit) and remind myself to spend more time with my more mature and happy friends.

NO MATTER WHAT, do not show irritability on your kids and husband. Well easier said than done.

Hugs to you dear.

5 people like this.
  9. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot ... But now i realize i have had this behaviour for quiet a number of years... probably 15 years... i get angry at silly things... i get depressed when something which i donot wish happens..

To add on i have been noting the mood swing patterns and i found this is usually 5-7 days after my periods.. could this be PMS ???
    if not please advice...
    I have started watching awakening with brahmakumaris and it just stays in my mind for some time.. when i get irritated its to the max extent.. later i feel for what i did and keep reminding me of good thoughts... :(

10. chamu02

chamu02 Gold IL'ite

Well said eandian,
    Whichever i wanted to jot down , u have done . And that too u have written some experiences similar to that of mine, have come across situations like marriage councelling....You are exactly correct noting that perfectionists get irritated quickly , sleepless , hungry ... either one or all (!)together will end up in irrtiation . Also ladies need a break and change of mind over the routine work . Theres a saying " Feed your faith and your Fear will Starve “.
    So i suggest for IL friends who often gets irritated ,may be bc of PMS or some other reason...have faith in yourself , on and off watch your health / interest / hobby /human handlings and everything . Just bc we are grown ups(!) and married world expects too many roles to be played so smartly by us - as a wife, mom ,DIL , still safer daughter , sister , anni ,co sister and what not........................ We have to do honesty to our roles given with all faith by the Lord !. For that matter He has shown good many ways to keep us fit mentally and physically . Starting from Yoga to day-today excercise , hobbies to relaxing spa and what not.

Dear amnilakshmi ,
    If you have spotted the problem then its easy to get solution. According to me , you have spotted the problem that u r getting irritated quikly. Now find the correct solution which should be one among the possibilities out ILites are sharing . And also u have spotted that you are yelling at yr children - solution : have controll over that for their sake . Divert it and channelise that irritation by taking a deep breathe initially and immediately ,closing your eyes ,thinking about nothing and slowly later few seconds praying to your eternal mom - Sarvashakthi , to help you when your kids trouble you to the most . Thats what i have being doing - Amazingly i have been getting response for that , thou i dont do it very often ! At times my 2nd DD who is very mischeveous and very active will drain out my energy, and that too during my menstural cycle - i used to shout at Mahishaasuramardhini , when my 2nd DD is uncontrollable ! . Until then my DD would be troubling to eat , hitting the ground to watch TV , or quarrelling with 1st DD , disturbing her not to do her HW and so on....But when i call Mahishaasuramardhini - saying " Maa controll my anger, its nothing in front of you . But am sufering now Help me pls as like i help my children when they are in trouble " . And there She will be in some form ,if not human form but in some way or other to magically control everything without further problem for that day ! Try yourself surrendering at Her feet at those times !
    As you have noted that u have iiritation for past 15 yrs , it couldnt be PMS , i feel . So Say yourself for more than any no. of times ( like " Naan avan illai " )that you are the coolest person in the world and nothing can irritate you in anyway .