I am in my 8 week.What all should I have to follow to have a safe and normal delivery

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by cutiepie66, Dec 4, 2013.

1. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

This is my 8th week. What all food I have to eat now? and what all I have to avoid?
    Any tips to have a normal delivery as I am worried about the C-Section.

2. cooks2010

cooks2010 Silver IL'ite

Re: I am in my 8 week.What all should I have to follow to have a safe and normal deli

I would suggest doing yoga (there is a good lara dutta yoga 30 min routine on youtube). or you can walk everyday at least for an hour. In terms of eating, there are no restrictions except for raw - uncooked food. I would stay away from fish which is high in mercury content and away from deli meats (ham+turkey). Other than that eat lots of fruits + vegetables, drink juice, a glass of milk everyday.

The main thing is to exercise and stay happy. Best of luck in your pregnancy,

Cooks.

3. akanksha999

akanksha999 Silver IL'ite

Re: I am in my 8 week.What all should I have to follow to have a safe and normal deli

Congrats!

All will go well do not worry at all. Tension is the worst thing during pregnancy. Do anything you like to have peace and happiness inside you. It may be prayers, meditation, reading books, music, movies or even cooking. Do whatever you like best and do not think about what is going to happen too much. If by chance you do have c sec, do not be negative. If you have exercised well and have kept fit and healthy you will recover sooner. Eat well, do not try to diet. But do not eat unhealthy food and give in to too many cravings. Weight ained during pregnancy is very difficult to lose later. Also you must be aware of gestational diabetes. Check your sugar regularly. Also note any kind of pain/discharge or any symptom you may have and discuss with doctor. No one knows your body better than you yourself. Be alert but be happy. All the best!