I am going for ICSI in April 2013, Any preparation required for ICSI?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by suni1977, Jan 27, 2013.

1. PPC2013

PPC2013 New IL'ite

Hi Happy Person!

We have BCBS PPO. We chose the top plan since we knew that we may need to do IVF but we didn't expect the insurance to cover ANYTHING related to IVF so we were pleasantly surprised!

My advice would be to consult with your doctor's office regarding financial aid. We've applied for this as well and we are paying the clinic monthly installments for all outstanding patient portions.

One cycle of IVF does cost between $17k-$20K, so that sounds about right. It also depends if you want to get genetic testing on the embryos or not. That usually increasesd the price. But a basic IVF should be on the "lower" end, $17K.

Well March is coming right up...are you getting nervous??

Take care,
    Pritee

2. happyperson

happyperson Gold IL'ite

Hello PPC

Yes you are right. My heart skips when i think about the process. I will check on the finance options. I have an appointment this 18th.

Thank You for your reply.

3. PPC2013

PPC2013 New IL'ite

Good luck Happy Person and keep us posted. Let me know if you'd like to chat privately outside this forum and i'll be happy to exchange email addresses.

Take care,
    PPC