1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Am Blessed

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, May 12, 2019.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

A mother is always a mother .She never stops worrying about her children even when they are grown up and have their own children.

If roses grow in heaven ,Lord please pick a bunch for me , place in my mother's arms and tell her they ate fr om me.Remembering her is easy ,I do it everyday but there is a ache within my heart that will never go away.

Usually mother's are mother's to their own children and children are very possessive about her. In my case I am mother not only to my children but to many in the world. I get love of a mother from my husband's family, my school l friends, my office friends and from this site.

Being mother's day I sent wishes to everyone. My brother in law's daughter lost her mother but she thinks me as her own mother and gives the same love. Morning we were exchanging beautiful thoughts about our relationship

I was so surprised when my office close friend called me and wished me. She was a Manager in our office but she is a down to earth person and never treated me as a staff but we have a special relationship.whenever we used to go for get together she used to drop me home. Now also we are very close. I was so touched when she told me after wishing me she called me.

Then another cousin called me to wish.

Here in this site also aI have so many daughters.

Happy Mother's day

joylokhi, Rihana, Thyagarajan and 2 others like this.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Your lovely simple and elegant sweet post itself is an epitome of motherhood and of all Mothers.
    Your essay reminded me my mother and her mother for their selfless service to their kin’s and wards.
    Wish all mothers of the world everyday celebrated as mothers’ day.
    Thanks and Regards.
    God you had given Mothers’ spiritual molecules as they delivered babies and babas.

iyerviji likes this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Happy Mother's Day to you too, my dear Meri Pyaari Viji.

I got couple of wishes as forwards in whatsapp and one personal email too, but somehow till I read your simple and from-the-heart words, the joy of the day and what it marks did not really sink in.

4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Viji
    Happy Mother's Day!
    Have you heard of this story of Lord Shiva?
    According to Hindu legend, a pregnant woman named Rathnavathi was an ardent devotee of Shiva. While nearing labor, she requested her mother to come over. Her mom could not reach on account of heavy floods in river Cauvery. As delivery time came closer, Rathnavathi prayed to Shiva. Shiva, moved by the devotion of Rathnavathi, took the form of Rathnavathi's mother and helped with her smooth delivery. After the delivery, Shiva vanished and Rathnavathi's mother arrived later. The family came to know that it was Shiva who attended to the delivery. Henceforth, Shiva in the temple came to be known as Thayumanaswamy, meaning the Lord who acted like a Mother. The temple obtained the name from the presiding deity, Thayumanaswamy. Shiva disguised himself as a mother for a pregnant lady, leading to the name Thayumanavar, meaning the one who became a mother too. (Wikipedia)
    Sri

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    joylokhi and iyerviji like this.
  5. iyerviji

Thanks for your first and lovely feedback

6. iyerviji

Thanks for your sweet message dear. Glad to get your response. I also got many messages but when my close friend and cousin phoned felt more happy.

7. iyerviji

Glad to get your wishes my dear Anna which made my day. Thanks for sharing Thayumanavar's story. Rathna is blessed.

For a woman delivery is like second birth. I had my first delivery at the age of 33yrs and in three and a half years two more deliveries. By the grace of God they were all normal deliveries. One of my uncle seeing my horoscope said that i won't get a child. When I delivered my husband went with sweet and told him I have delivered. Another friend also said I won't get a child. They did not know it is not in our hands. God had decided and they can't change

8. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,

Wish you a very happy Mother's Day.

Agatha83

iyerviji likes this.
  9. iyerviji

Thanks and wish you the same