1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Am A Hypocrite

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Oct 24, 2017.

1. ccmb420

ccmb420 New IL'ite

This is awesome! Just see how a talented, rather gifted poet can turn the tables on negativity. Ms Rashmi Trivedi is a blazing example. The poem below by her is just the opposite of what she wrote in MY DYING CONSCIOUS. Here she is in a way suggesting remedies to 'SAVE' her conscious. Hats off to her Enjoy!

S Kumar

2. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for resurrecting the subject from the grave. Nothing has changed in these two years and nothing will.
    It brings the topic back of hypocrisy. I got lot of brick bats then. I still hold the views that we live a dual life. It takes courage to acknowledge.
    I wonder if everyone on earth was a saint where would Satan go?

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Absolutely nothing to feel queer about it. It is democracy you are with majority. Enjoy life I mean your life .

4. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Gandhi Jayanthi Day is fast approaching just to remind every one of us two inter related words‘Sathyam’ and ‘Sathyagraham’, only to be forgotten within a day or two.

From the day the child is born into this world,he is brought up among lies,lies and unmixed lies.It is conventional wisdom that children never tell lies.But researchers on child psychology convey that lying plays a positive role in normal child development and it denotes progress in individual thinking process.

Hypocrisy which commences its journey as a tool to avoid confusion and punishment or to save one’s face gets firmly established.

Knowingly or unknowingly man has to be consciously aware of continuing different lies to different persons to escape being caught and is unable to come out of the vicious circle.

For fear of concealing the truth, if we are silent,then silence also is a form of hypocrisy.

Can we find a single field that is free from lies?

The liars that have social acceptance are the actors,dramatists,historians and fiction writers who are specialized in the art of weaving series of lies .They escape the scandal because of the professional tag attached .

Not to talk of election promises which are nothing but untruths wrapped in pretty packings.

Medical professionals give false hopes to the relatives of the terminally ill patients,extract lakhs of rupees within a week, only to convey God’s will and hand over the mortal remains.

Some lawyers and judges who belong to a higher breed of intellectuals consider it a proud privilege to talk nothing but lies ,which come under the ‘technically true’ category in their profession and are experts in misleading others to believe what they say.

Wherever you turn,you see none but hypocrites, in education,marketing and religion too.

When we become so much accustomed to deceipt,one feels as if he is committing a crime if he starts telling the truth which appears false and dangerous.In the present situation,”truth is nothing more than what one chooses to believe in the moment”

The national motto ‘Sathyameva Jayate’still holds good with definition of ‘Sathyam’having undergone total metamorphosis.

Gandhi jayanthis may come and go.But

I believe that there is no absolute truth excepting the truth that there is no absolute truth”.
    jayasala42

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Lying on bed your report and views on lies. I enjoyed reading it.
    2, The entire cosmos vibrates only because of lies in varying proportion across geographies that keep media sensational. The world is full of activities because somewhere someone lied to somebody. Hiding truth is lies. But in lord’s world it is good. Saint Thiruvalluvar too says if it is for common good lies can be uttered.
    3. I agree that lie is a fault in a boy, an art in a lover and .........in woman .

4. If truth is unpalatable, there lies are sweet.

Thanks and Regards.

6. HariLakhera

Haha. Someone said majority is a government of hundred fools!!!!!! Majority or not I envy people for their acting poweress. It is too difficult to stay with two faces all the time.
    I have no qualms about myself. Born as a human, lived so far as a human and ready to depart as a human with no desire or capacity to achieve godliness in this life. I am enjoying every moment of it.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. HariLakhera

Thanks. Gandhi Jayanti will come and go, as you said and it will be business as usual. Long back, Vivekananda told the Christians that if Jesus Christ comes to earth today, He will not find a place to sit. I say if Gandhi is watching from above, he must be thinking same way. I would go a step further and say if God is watching from everywhere He is, he must be repenting for the mess He has created. I wrote a snippet on this subject long back and will share the same.

8. HariLakhera

On hindsight, my lie can be my truth and your truth can be a lie for me. It is all relative. Before becoming a doctor, he paid huge capitation fee to become a doctor and took a heavy loan to finance it. He has to earn to repay that loan and sustain his own life. That is his truth. This way each one has reason to justify his or her actions.
    This world is a stage and we are just actors to play our assigned roles.

Thyagarajan likes this.