1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Am A Hypocrite

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, Oct 24, 2017.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

The post is amended to respect the feelings of all members not in agreement .

2. HariLakhera

Dear Sunburst,
    It's not me. When I used the word 'I' it represents the vast magnitude of population out there. I wonder why only one line has been picked. Do I get to understand that all others all acceptable? There are hundreds ways of being hypocrite. I have narrated only ten.
    Having regard to the fact that it is ladies forum, I have already posted a edited version of point 8. If I have hurt the feelings of ladies in particular and others in general, I stand to be corrected.
    Deleting or amending one line will not take away the harsh reality how women are being treated in the society. There are some bold ladies fighting it out in the streets, but most are just venting their anger in closed circles.
    I am a supporter of women empowerment and the post should be read in jest, as black humor.
    Thanks and regards.

3. HariLakhera

Dear bmaqaurius,
    Thanks for adding some more hypocritical behaviors prevailing in our society. Like it or not, we are directly or indirectly participating in all of them. Let there be some soul searching.
    No point raising one finger at other when three are pointing at me.

4. HariLakhera

Dear Glimmer,
    Good that you came in. It was meant like that. Let us come out of our hidings and say openly we are hypocrite in one or more cases. There is no running from facts. The first stone should be thrown by one who has committed no sin. All hands down????
    Chadha mansoor suli par, pukara ishq bajon ko,
    Ye uske yam Ka Jeena hai, aye Jiska jee chahe.

Roughly translated
    (When Mansoor was being hanged for saying ' I am the God' he said- come on all lovers of God, this is the platform of love for every one who wants to join)

Thanks once again for taking the blog in right spirits.

5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

This thread is reopened for public view following certain amendment made by HariLakhera. I take this opportunity to thank Hari for his understanding and cooperation.

sindmani and satchitananda like this.
  6. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

A public forum is a platform to excercise freedom of speech and expression. Expecting few to keep quiet because the goal is to promote “friendships “ beats the purpose of having a open forum. If that’s the case why not make indus ladies a exclusive forum restricted to people with very similar ideas and thoughts ( that is happening in any case) .
    If you read the original post and subsequent replies by OP , he clearly states that these are his thoughts . Claiming otherwise now does not change anything. Playing victim and quoting Bhagwad Gita also does not change things. If one cannot take the heat, don’t step into to kitchen ! I have every right as a woman to protest when we are called “objects” .
    I had to reply here because my post has still been closed to replies . What are the friends and company worried about ? A mini revolution :tearsofjoy:.
    As for promoting friendships , I see that clearly here. I rest my case !

Archanaanchan likes this.
  7. HariLakhera

Dear sandycandy,
    You seem to be really angry. I am not sure what you are angry at:
    1. Point 8 of the original post or
    2. Replacement of the original post with amended post thus closing the doors for open discussions or
    3. The supposedly biased action of the moderators or
    4. All the above.
    I do not mind to debate the whole issue with open and calm mind keeping the nicecities of respecting each other.
    Though it is not my job to advise you how the acid of anger corrodes the very pot it is stored in, still as a senior I am taking the risk. Take it or leave it.

8. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

When all the culprits who have committed heinous crimes like murder etc are roaming free outside without an iota of guilt or shame, and all the small fry like one time pickpockets are suffering in jails for years together, what do you call this? Above all our Government preaches “ Satyameva Jayathe!”
    Agatha83

9. HariLakhera

Dear Agatha,
    Thanks for your ' satyameva jayate' comments. In the ends, yes truth prevails. But the problem is by that time it's too late. Till such time double facedness wins. That's the reason heinous wrong doers get Scot free and minor culprits get the jail. It is one of saying truth prevails- stayameva jayethe.
    Its pays to to wear masks as many as one can. Who knows tomorrow may never come.

10. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

True

Sandycandy likes this.