1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I always say I have a lot of special persons in my life and I call them FRIENDS.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 7, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

People's lives change. To keep all your old friends is like keeping all your old clothes--pretty soon your closet is so jammed and everything so crushed you can't find anything to wear. Help these friends when they need you, bless the happy times when you meant a lot to each other, but try not to feel guilty if new people mean more to you, now.
    Unknown quotes

Friendships are a very pure relationship. Being friends with someone means that, there is no burden on the mind, there is always a shoulder to cry on and there is joy and happiness all around.One should be very grateful if they have been blessed with a friend who has always walked that extra mile for you.

Old friends are the great blessings of one’s later years. Half a word conveys one’s meaning. They have a memory of the same events; have the same mode of thinking. I have young relations that may grow upon me, for my nature is affectionate, but can they grow to be old friends?- Horace Walpole

After meeting my IL friends in Chennai today I had the opportunity to meet my old friend( say Mrs. J) whose children and my children had studied together in the same school. I still remember the day when I was standing for admission form for my daughter for Junior Kg and ahead of me was this friend's husband . We stood for so long and my friend's husband is a jolly fellow and he was going on cracking jokes . So we could pass the time till we got the admission form. From that day we became close friends. We elders were great friends and children were also very close. Now our children are married and in different places.

After our buildings were going to be renovated we shifted to different places so now a days we dont meet much. Today after a long time I went to meet Mrs. J. Her son stays separate and he had left his son with his mother. He came to take his son back home. When he came he started asking about my children. He likes my younger daughter very much. He asked for her number and though she is in UK he dialled her number and gave her surprise and did not reveal his name and was talking like an uncle talking. Telling her kondhai (baby)how are you, is your husband at home etc. etc. for 5 mins he was going on talking and she could not recognise. Then he gave the phone to me and when I asked her she said is it mama. I told her not our relation but our close friend. Then later somehow she recognised and spoke to him. The way he was teasing her I had hearty laugh. After a long time I laughed to my heart's content. Mrs. J's son and her husband both are jovial type. If they are there time passes fast and we forget our worries.

I told Mrs. J's son after a long time I had hearty laugh and thanks for that. He spoke for 10 mins to my daughter. Itold him its not local call, he said mami dont worry this moment will not come again. It was nice of him to have spoken to her and brought a smile on her face. When someone abroad gets a call from India they feel very happy and feel at home.

With a heart not feeling like leaving from there I left my friend's place. Todl her after a long time had a hearty laugth which brought back old memories when our children were kids and we used to meet often. She also said I also enjoyed your stay. Though we are in Mulund we are in different corner , so not able to meet much.

I had left my umbrella in their place , so Mrs J's son came to give me and told I will drop you to your place and then go to my place. I told her I have to buy flowers , he said no problem you buy on the way. So nice of him to have dropped me in front of my place and go. I told him come home and go , he said will come some other time

Today I felt so happy meeting my old friend and her son which brought back old memories and so thought of sharing with my IL friends.

Whether old or new close friends always bring happiness and a smile on our face.

A memory lasts forever, and never does it die. True friends stay together and never say good bye.

7 people like this.

2. sritas

sritas Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

That is a nice snippet Vijima and about meeting up your old friend. You must be reminiscence about it even now. It was very nice of your friend's son to talk so lovingly with your daughter, she must be feeling very elated. Some people are very understanding towards other person's feelings and needs and take due care about it...........like Mrs J's son did.
    Regards

2 people like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Shanti dear thanks for visiting this thread and bringing a smile on my face. I was sad that so many views but no fbs. Atleast you came and encouraged me. Ya my daughter was very happy to hear from him. which brought back her old memories of the time spent with their family. His sister had studied with her. [

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

You are a blessed soul Vijima. One really has to be blessed to have so many people to love one. :-D

1 person likes this.
  5. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Very lovely to read this snippet after a long time ma !!
    Good to hear that you are still in touch with all your old friends...I like that ma since I am also of the same category.

1 person likes this.
  6. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

Viji mam so nice of you to share your everyday emotions here with us.

1 person likes this.
  7. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

Lovely post, viji mam, I enjoyed reading it. :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Satchi dear

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sudha dear glad you liked the snippet. Glad you are also of the same category

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Soumya dear its my pleasure dear