Hysteroscopy And Endometrial Biopsy Experience Needed Plz Help

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by srith, Oct 8, 2017.

1. srith

srith Gold IL'ite

I was planing for my first ivf doc suggested me to have hystroscopy and endometrial biopsy i am so scared of procedure can anyone plz share your experience, i am working can i go for work or need to take leave plz help me..

2. chasingdreams

chasingdreams Bronze IL'ite

hysteroscopy /laperoscopy is done under general anesthesia.endometrial biopsy will be done along with this. you will need 1 week (some rest only for 2-3 days) of rest and can resume office after that.

3. sunnysideup

sunnysideup Silver IL'ite

Hi Srith,
    I underwent hysteroscopy for polyp removal during July'2017. It is procedure performed under general anesthesia and is a half day procedure. It is a simple procedure and the doctor suggested only 1 day rest for me. I just took things slow for a couple of days and returned to work and faced no inconvenience.
    Hysteroscopy is supposed to increase ivf success so please go ahead with a positive mind. Baby dust to you. All the best.

4. srith

srith Gold IL'ite

Can any one plz share ur experince hystroscopy before ivf.. Plz bit nervous..

5. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Hysteroscopy is a non-invasive procedure ( no cuts ). You may be asked to fast for 10 hours before procedure to avoid nausea and vomiting complications. At the clinic you will be administered general anaesthesia and procedure performed. Endometrial biopsy may be done along. Since you are under anaesthesia, it won't cause any pain. Please ask somebody to accompany you since you may have to lie at the clinic bed for 2-3 hours or until you regain consciousness. Thereafter you may take the day or 2 off.

6. prreeya

prreeya Silver IL'ite

hello
    i also did this surgery and i dont think any problem is there to work after 2 days rest.
    Doctor should be experienced and after ansthesia , you wont get any feel of pain.

Just go for it if its needed with experienced doctor.
    Think positive. :)