1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hysteria- Uncontrolled Emotions- Impacting Married Life

Discussion in 'Intimacy' started by amnilakshmi, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Penelope

Penelope Bronze IL'ite

I read a book recently that said when we are irritable with our spouse it's a sign that we need more self care. I am working responding better when my husband frustrs me and it's working. A few times I went to the other room screamed a few times in a pillow and cried and was amazed at how much better I felt. I realized that while whatever my husband may have been doing was annoying the emotion was in me and not nessesarily bc of him. I am trying to do more things that I enjoy even if that's just little things like listening to music and singing while I get things done or wearing essential oils or applying oils after a bath or reorganzing the decor in my home. If I get to feeling mad at him I think what is something I can do that will make me feel happier. If the issue still bothers me later then I can bring it up but so far it has worked out that by me not getting upset with him he either did better on his own or I just let it go bc I realized it wasn't important. There are so many good marriage tips in the book I read (listened to on audiobook). It's called "First Kill all the Marriage Counselor" by Laura Doyle. I am so excited about this book and have already after just a couple weeks seen improvement in my Marriage. I hope that it helps you if you decide to read it.

2. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

Frankly, from what you have written and the fact that you identified that your emotions are hitting extremes, I would go to a PCP and get a blood test - to check thyroid and such. It could very well be a hormonal issue. From there, they can give you better guidance on next steps.

self-care is also very important. I find it important to have some personal time, to recharge- stretch, yoga, etc. I started yin yoga (available on YouTube too), which has been really good at relieving anxiety. It’s worth a try.

3. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

Also, has anyone tried PMS vitamins? I thought I started having PMDD symptom with extreme mood swings, so I started taking. It has helped a bit to manage those mood swings. I would still insist the OP to go to a OBGYN doctor though.

4. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Just following out if curiousity