1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hyosyne drops for colic gassy 1 month old your experience plz

Discussion in 'Infants' started by anjalika400, May 23, 2010.

1. anjalika400

anjalika400 Junior IL'ite

My 6 week old is prescribed hyosyne drops 1 ml by mouthfor his colici fussiness and tremendous gas,hard tummy as mylicon drops or wellments gripewater didnot help. His fussiness generally starts in he evening.I am afraid to hive hyosyne everyday evening.if anyone has used it for babies,please give me more details and side effects about this drug and how long you had to use it? Also please tell me similac sensitive does really help in less gas and fussiness as enfamil gentalese and gerber good start did not help lastly please share you daily routine with a 1 month old ,also when baby is awake . Being a new mom with my. Dh and no help around. We are so clueless and exhautef. My baby is colic too.do you all watch over your baby all night long switching couples turns?please reply

2. kdksunshine

kdksunshine New IL'ite

Hi Anjali,
    we were in the exact same situation.
    Our baby was prescribed hyosyne at around 5 weeks, we did gave her during the evenings but it didn't help much.The doc said the side effect is drowsiness but she was not sleepy either.
    Now she is around 10 weeks I am giving mylicone atleast 4 times a day.Try to heat castor oil with little asafotida and apply in and around the navel, it will help release gas.
    I tried Similac sensitive but she refused to take bottle and now I am exclusively bfing.I got some samples from Doctor office I have to try again.
    The first month she suffered a lot but after she crossed 2 months she is little bit OK(the worst part is the evening).Hang in there with patience you will soon pass on this phase.
    I have a 6 year old son and we dont have any help around either.We have to take care of his food,his studies and also entertain him too.Its really hard.
    Even after 2 months I cant predict her routine.
    And about switching over,until midnight my DH's responsibility and after that I take care for her(otherwise he will be like a zombie in the office).
    If u have any more questions feel free to ask me.
    Kani.

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  3. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

dear anjali, i know how deperate we moms are to find out any solution to fix baby's gassiness,,,, and colic... been there done that!

most pedis will suggest u these drops. we too were suggested Colic aid.some people give gripe water.

all these anti colic drops are nothing but simethicone...but i always wondered whether it really worked to fix the colic episodes we had. infact nothing worked...
    we gave them to our baby, essentially ,for our peace of mind, that we are atleast "trying something" out to ease her pain.

aftr giving these drops to my bub for a wk,i gave up,instead tried bicycling her legs,massaging her tummy(take littke oil and start massaging in circular motion from the navel outwards), burp the baby often... etc etc.

ur baby in a month or 2 or even less will outgrow his colic issues... most babies do at nearing 3 months or before. ours did at 2 months..
    hugs momma, i know how difficult these initial few wks are :)

4. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Anjali,

The same happened with my LO too. Pedi prescribed him colimex and sometimes it worked and sometimes not. One of our dear IL Lee, suggested me to have a ayurvedic seed boiled in water (you have to take it). I tried that and it made wonders...from then on LO is a colic free baby. You have to take it because you are BFing you baby.