1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband wants a boy baby after 2girls

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Radhika333, Feb 7, 2015.

1. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

I know. I am Indian.

Why do you have to think that the wish to have a son is to load him with the burden of expectations? Such a parent would not have expectations of a girl? (like no dating? marry a person in the same caste/gotra etc? No premarital sex. No booze. Become a doctor/lawyer. Wear conservative clothing. Do you think she won't disappoint?)

Why can't you think that its for the joy of having a son. Like a mom needs/wants/cherishes a daughter, a dad could love/cherish/enjoy a son.

In this day and age and especially with US based parents, what you say is totally not applicable. Most US based parents have almost no expectations of their kids in old age. If they do, they are bound to be severely disappointed. Frankly you don't have kids as insurance for your old age. A totally unreasonable expectation in the US.

2. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

Sorry to hear that. Let me just tell you this. God made you his (your son's) mom because He knows you have the kindness to be his mom. These other people are not kind enough to deserve.

3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Laks,
    You are one amazing lady. I am awed at your dedication to your son. I am sorry you have to hear comments like this. Even our near and dear ones do not realize how hurtful their remarks are sometimes, though it is not their intention. Wish you and your family all the best.

nakshatra1, sindmani and Laks09 like this.
  4. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

@laks09. You have misunderstood my quote. And my apologies for misunderstanding it. And I am very sorry that you have to undergo what you are going thru now. Irrespective of whether the kid is a girl or boy the society still treats them cruelly. Btwn, if it would make you feel better I am a victim of it. So never did I think of something so cruel when I meant it.
    I quoted it because, if the OP's husband is so hell bent for a boy, there must definitely be some expectations...like taking care of them in future or uphold the family values or inheritance or whatever.. So all that I was trying to tell is...to break that unrealistic expectation.
    And I personally don't think that he needs to be explained how good girls could be. Even that is like setting expectations. He has been given two beautiful girls by god's grace and he needs to love them and take care of them.

1 person likes this.
  5. HasteRaho

HasteRaho Platinum IL'ite

The crab-culture is strong in these people. Bring 'em down to raise yours up. Their minds are so small that it's the only way they know how to feel better about themselves and their situations. Pity. You can count on them not being happy for long, though, because the moment they come across someone who's in a perceivably happier place, then they find themselves getting all uncomfortable.

sindmani and Laks09 like this.
  6. laksvishnu

laksvishnu Bronze IL'ite

I know of people who do havans andlot of poojas to get a baby boy while some others get married to both the sisters to get a boy and end up having five girls and the most recent people rushing to medical stores to get the baba Ramdev newly invented beej(seed) to be blessed with a son. Saddist are these kind of people.

7. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Good you are an Indian. Since you mentioned ROI, I thought you are ignorant about the other expectations of indian parents having a son to a daughter and maybe an outsider.
    I personally don't think changing country changes character. The 'so-called' expectations you mentioned about Indian parents having on their girl child, is not expectation, but suppression. I don't want to divulge deep into it since it will deviate from the original discussion of this thread.
    I live in the u.s and indian ladies of my age in this country still have the same age old thinking about having a girl child to a boy. If you are good enough to think that the purpose of having a son is just to have it for the joy of it, hats off to you and I wish everyone thinks the same way....and also have eternal joy about having a girl child ,so that ladies like OP do not have the pressure of giving the 'son' joy to their husbands....

8. resmij

resmij Silver IL'ite

Hugs my dear,

ms. twinkle is correct,

don't go for any more baby if you are not interested. think about your health also.

give all your love/ care / time for your kids.

boy or girl- both equal..ur hubby has to understand and stick to this rule.

regards,
    resmij

9. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

Along with ROI, I also mentioned mission for the boy.

I hope in time, you will naturalize and broaden your thinking. Part of what America does to most people.

Not much for me to say to you.

1 person likes this.
  10. Sahana1

Sahana1 New IL'ite

Really? :) :)