1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband wants a boy baby after 2girls

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Radhika333, Feb 7, 2015.

1. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

2 people like this.
  2. Radhika333

Radhika333 New IL'ite

Thanks all
    Today we argued again on this topic.I asked all the same questions,
    but he answers like fool.
    Says,have faith in God he will bless us with boy baby
    and things are very worst.
    Now I have to find ways how not to get pregnant.
    Tough phase friends

3. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

Omg there are still ppl who want this !! Op you have to be strong! raise the two babies you have to be strong and independent. That is more imp than having more babies in hope of having a son!

sindmani likes this.
  4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Did you ask him why he hasnt done so already? Tell him God has other important things to deal with. God is like a parent sometimes, when an adamant toddler cries and throws a fit for that chocolate the parents don't give it to the kid. Why? We know better than them what's right for them. Same with God.

sindmani, guesshoo and peartree like this.
  5. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

Even in this century,not only guys, even girls are wanting only boy babies. You can have liking for either sex of the baby, but finally we should pray for a healthy baby. Ask your husband the reasons of wanting a son. I think it would be better not to argue with him but kind of show him examples of how sons do not meet the expectations of why they are wanted so much ( except that they create obsessive MILs in future). You should definitely put your foot down and say a big 'no'

6. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

Don't tell me sons are business plans for ROI (Return on investment) or to be birthed and reared for a mission. Disgusting. Maybe that boy is better off unborn.

nakshatra1 and indian78 like this.
  7. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Her hubby is wrong in saying "luck will bring them the right X and Y chromsome".
    But that apart - what kind of a ridiculous statement is the above highlighted one? So, if Radhika333 had had the first two as boys, then those two boys are useless except to make Radhika into an obssessive MIL in the future!? Gibberish. It is equally stupid to stay that boys are useless, as saying girl babies are useless.

3 people like this.
  8. VanithaSudhir

I didn't quote boys as useless. You quoted it. Read with context. If someone needs a boy so desperately they are only going to end up being obsessed that their son is going to meet the expectation for whatever they are being wished for.
    Between you are the biggest troll in this forum ridiculing at everyone's issues as 'chappai matter' or passing caustic comments. We should stop feeding you..Get well soon buddy !!!

9. VanithaSudhir

Well Steve Indian parents do not wish for sons as ROI in all cases. There are other superstitious beliefs too. They think only a son should perform the last rites of the parents for the soul to rest. They also do not like to stay with a girl if she is married due to social stigma. They think they can stay with the son, even at the cost of getting humiliated, since it doesn't have a social stigma. So this all emanates from the social background. Oh ! They also believe that the sons children carry their heritage. It is all BS but that is how it is.. !! (Long story ..made short)

10. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@vanithasudhir - I know you didn't mean it but this showing the bad seed hurts sometimes.
    My MIL to my SIL - It's ok you didn't have a boy. What if he turned out like (my son with special needs).
    My Mom to my sis(no kids) - it's better not to have kids rather than go through what your sister is going through. Again context is my son.

My friend to her mil who is boy obsessed - so what if I have two girls. Both are healthy. Look at (my son). Thank God for my girls.

They are all trying to say what you are but each of those times my heart breaks into a million pieces.
    Isnt it better to show him girls who are doing their parents proud? That's probably a better approach instead of putting down somebody else's son.