1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband thinks celebrating Vday is too kiddish !

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by abc00, Feb 14, 2012.

1. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

:bonkI want to celebrate Vday with cakes,flowers, hearts,cards etc but dh thinks it is too childish. He just wants me to 'love' the feeling of love. No need to spend or overdo it. He says im spoilt seeing bollywood movies. So im just going to cook something nice for us and thank God for the good things in life. I will definitely do something special for my hubby dearest,whatever i could.

Happy Valentine Day to everyone!!

2. pinky2

pinky2 Bronze IL'ite

Why only one day in 365 days..every day should be a valentine's day for a Couple,IMO.

4 people like this.
  3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Tell him you need the attention for one measley day and let him know his efforts will be well compensated in your private time that night. Or he can sleep on the couch and eat Maggi noodles. And you will keep the remote.

7 people like this.
  4. chandy939

chandy939 Silver IL'ite

Exactly my point...why do you need only day.Make your wedding anniversary special day....

5. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

abc00,

Don't worry too much about this. Do what you'd like to do. Make something nice and hope for him to join in the celebration.

If not there's always the fridge to pack off what you made and like tashidelek2002 said, Maggi and couch it is..:):thumbsup:rotfl

Thanks for the idea tashidelek2002. It might come handy some day...never know :biglaugh

6. SSC

SSC Platinum IL'ite

There is always the never-ending argument...

Why do we go to a spa now and then?
    Why do we eat unhealthy junk food, or cakes and chocolates now and then, knowing its unhealthy?
    They are small treats, that we tend to enjoy at times, and spoil ourselves.

Like that, ideally everyday should be love-filled. V day is yet another day in the life of a couple who love each other a lot. But there is no harm in spoiling your partner on that special day! Maybe if your spouse doesnt like going overboard, its understandable, but a little treat(in whichever form), in the name of love always does wonders to the mood!

Edit : I love my mom 365 days a year! But on mother's day, I would like to pamper her with small gifts/treats! Pretty subjective, but a never-ending argument...

8 people like this.
  7. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

If i give him the maggi/couch treatment, he will 100 % confirm that im being kiddish. I have stopped arguing about this now. There is no 'maza' / fun forcing my thoughts on his. Instead im going out to have lunch with my all-girl friends gang (common thing: husbands who think alike, so why not ladies have fun? ) and watch movie and have fun. I want to enjoy life and no one can stop my thought process. On the other hand, if i show as if im having fun (without him) , he will say he's instrumental in this. I dont know who's correct and who's not, but we both live and let live. BTW, we celebrate bdays and anniv with gifts and stuff but Vday....no luck.

3 people like this.
  8. ushae

ushae Silver IL'ite

These Father's day, Mother's day,Valentines day are western imposition on countries like India. They remember father or mother only once in a year. So they need such days.

3 people like this.
  9. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

he he sad but true....

Actually I used to look forward to V day in college...but no bf then :rant

Now that I am married I find Karva Chauth more romantic...esp since both of us fast and wait for the moon and break it together ..(btw I had never done it before marriage as its not reqd in my community..:cheers

10. SudhaManimaran

SudhaManimaran Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Even my husband will think and tells that y v need to celebrate our love for just one day. we are doing that daily and we can do daily he used to say.