1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband telling me" sorry" for the first time in our 17 years of married life

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by blessed, Aug 14, 2013.

1. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Yesterday was a very bad day for me, life was smooth after my MIL passed away a year back, FIL has been touring since then he stays with either of his daughter's or grand kids and some time's with us, presently he is in my second SIL's house. So now my life is revolving around my DH and my 16 year old DD, DH is extremely caring these days and shares every single thing with me including his conversation with his dear sisters..
    But yesterday morning what seemed to be silly argument turned out to be a serious one, I usually control myself when he is angry because it is very hard to cool him down and I have to beg for forgiveness even if it is his fault .. yes he is very egoist and he can go on "mute mode" even for a week while I am very emotional and I will be the first one to break the silence and bring back the peace at home, but his statements yesterday was to much for me..
    when his sisters topic came up this is what he told me

" you are not worth to talk about my sisters because you are not half qualified like them" actually there was nothing to do with qualification or degree it was totally a different topic but he said these words just to hurt me..

and another one " Now my mother is peaceful in heaven after going through enough in this house" again he knows and half the IL's know this is not true, but his words came like a "piercing knife.." I was devastated and just told him " its ok only God knows the truth".. though I know these words are not from his heart it was just to hurt me at that moment , but still I was very very annoyed and hurt as this was first argument we had since 1.5 years and it was pretty bad one... I regretted for instigating him.. I thought I should have been little more patient .. I cursed myself for extending the fight which I could have easily ended had I not brought up old topics... I was preparing myself to ask him apology as usual once he comes back from office ..but I was taken for a pleasant shock..
    The scenario when he came home....
    I opened the door but avoided looking at him..he as usual went into the rest room changed his clothes and came back to the living room.. I made coffee for him and was thinking how to start ... then while I gave him coffee he held my hands and asked me to sit (very shocked to react, as this is not him) he looked into my eyes and said "sorry I really feel bad for what I said today morning" his voice even choked when he said this , I could even see little tears in his eyes, but what ever may be I was totally swept of my feet .. this was least expected from him... he has never done this before even if he was 100% at fault... he is really changing for the good .. but his tears made me even more emotional... just wanted to share this feelings with you my dear friends....

5 people like this.

2. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

well,it is good isn't it................
    and in anger we do say things we regret later but rarely have courage to accept our mistake...........you are truly blessed to have hubby who has grace to accept his mistake & apologise for it..............

4 people like this.
  3. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

Stay Blessed.

8 people like this.
  4. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

You can't see the biiiiig smile on my face, can you??? :) :)

Happy for you! Stay blessed as DG says!

2 people like this.
  5. beingloved

beingloved Gold IL'ite

Have a good Life..!

1 person likes this.
  6. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Happy for you blessed :) .Finally !!!!!

2 people like this.
  7. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  8. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

[​IMG]

copied Twinkel:biggrin2::biggrin2:

2 people like this.
  9. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

[​IMG]......
    but still Sangeetha, [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

Happy for you! :) change is the only constant thing in the world! :) stay happy! :)

1 person likes this.