1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband Telling He Can Replace Me With Nanny

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mirrorimage, May 2, 2022.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

One of the most important lessons in life: recognize the times when you need to give it back in the same form, then and there. And, Smile and say those words. The Smile is important or you will seem un-sportive, whiner.

I have a list of times I wish I had given back fittingly instead of coming up with better responses years and decades later. When I saw my daughter was growing to be like me, I spent some time teaching her how to identify when to give it back.

Sorry for multiple posts, OP. I am out of here.

2. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

I agree with the ignoring part. Either ignore or give such a response( not necessarily verbal but through actions) that he won't dare say that again. Feeling bad and thinking about it all the time, festering inside is worse. One disadvantage of being a housewife is that you have to be prepared mentally for these kind of scenarios.

Dishaa and chanchitra like this.
  3. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Its done. You cannot go back and give a response now.
    Use it to your advantage. He is indirectly saying you need a vacation:blush:
    So take a break. Plan a solo trip to India. Enjoy with parents & friends

Let him manage kids. He will be fine, you too. If he asks you can give the same reply back;).

But don't think give much importance to people who put you down even if its a joke. Next time , give a response or dont's based on your convenience.

You are valuable and not defined by other's opinion. So don't take it to your heart and loose your peace of mind.

Truth is that both husband and wife are replacable but not a good mom or dad .

Last edited: May 3, 2022
  4. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

Just don't pay attention. If he is good otherwise, just let it go. IMHO that was not funny at all. If he was trying to convey something and if it's abnormal, take note of it but don't run into depression over this. Try to better what you think is lacking in you. If you cannot, then forget it. Don't back answer or tell something that will unnecessarily create fights.

5. happygolucky22

happygolucky22 Silver IL'ite

If I were you I’d look into the root cause of the issue which is low self worth and a big sacrifice done in the name of family. I’d resolve and start working on my goals on how to get these two up and at a fair place so no comment can make any difference for me. Actually that’s what I have done in past 2 years, worked on resuming a great career and gaining my independence back now my husband dare not say such useless thoughts and keeps to himself

sarvantaryamini likes this.