1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband sending abusive mails

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by suffering, May 20, 2010.

1. suffering

suffering New IL'ite

Yes,He hit my sister when they just had the baby and she was 8 days old.He had restraining order on him.But now he came out of the case.

Now he hacked into my sisters email ids..she changed the password but still he is able to login to ehr mail.He sends mails from ehr id to her id..Now she deleted her account,but he already collected her contacts list and he is sending mails to all the contact list from a new id..He is just doing which we cannot really expect..

He writes all kind of stories,that she had an affair and she is not good and all these stories....

2. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

3. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Where is your sister and her husband?? If in US you can file complaint about stalking (as this is one form of stalking) and harrassment. Ask your sister to contact her friends and take a copy of the emails her husband has sent to them. and even in India with those copies of emails she can file a case on him for harrassing her and your family.

By the way did you guys file for divorce yet or not? or still planing for patchup? sorry this was the basic question I was supposed to ask before even I think we talk about how to handle her husband.

Please see this thread, aditya has given some good info about a lawyer http://www.indusladies.com/forums/life-without-spouse/95831-please-recommend-good-family-lawyer.html

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  4. Vidya21

Vidya21 Senior IL'ite

I agree with SriVidya, this is stalking and harassment and you could file a complaint.

In addition, you might also be able to complain to the ISP or to the email service-provider and see if they could stop this person from accessing any account. I am not quite certain if it is possible but you might take a chance, especially with gmail, if he emails from specific IP addresses.

5. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Ok, no need to panic. Cyber losers can be easily caught especially ones like your sister's ex-husband who I believe is not a hacker or a network genius. Lodge a complaint with the police. Give them all the emails, they can easily track the IP address from which it was sent, even if it falls in the IP range, he is a gone case. You can also tell him this is what you are going to do if he is going to keep doing this. From what you had said, I think he is a loser and will keep his mouth shut after this.

Also about the contact list, have your sister send emails to all in her contact list stating that her email is hacked by her ex and to ignore/block any emails coming from him. Close understanding people will do that even without she telling them to do so. But it is good to do so, so she can have a paper trail for her legal purposes in future.

About the pictures, its unfortunate, but as maggi has mentioned even a 9 yr old can merge the face with any body they want. We cannot control much in that area than reporting to police about what he is threatening to do.

Finally ask your sister to meet a lawyer and find out what options she has. May be the attorney can make this go away with a single registered letter from her to the concerned party informing if this keeps happening, she is going to take him to court.

Good luck !

6. scorpiogal

scorpiogal Senior IL'ite

Hi ask your sister to first delete all contacts from her mail id if she still has access to it

That Idiot can be easily tracked by IP address and brought to justice .Ask your sister to take a printout or forward those threating emails to different ID so that she can show them as evidence later on if that moron says he never sent it .

another way is if thsi maild id is yahoo ,gmail or hotmail ,you can call the customer support with legal polic complaint and tell them and they can reset the password and for you and you can have the control back .

7. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

How can the sister file compaints against her DH while still living with him ? What kind of a life will she have after doing all this unless she separates and files for a divorce ?
    Here we are talking about a couple who has to live under the same roof , in the same room unless divorced.
    If sis is still living with her DH then its a tough call.

8. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

I believe that is not the case based on OP's first post:

9. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Thank God they are separated if not divorced as yet !