1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband sending abusive mails

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by suffering, May 20, 2010.

1. suffering

suffering New IL'ite

My sister is in India and her husband .in Kansas,USA...He is in USA,highly educated and he is sending threatening and abuse E-Mails to my family .Also he has hacked my sister's mail id and probably took the contact list and trying to send abusive mails to all the contact list.He collected photos from mail id and threatening that he will post on **** sites..

He is not stopping that inspite of telling his parents who are in India.HE already had a case on him as he physically abused her when she was in USA and he had to take some counselling as well.Now they dont live together but he is mail hacking and sending mails.

Please let me know what to do and who can help me..

Please

2. raha256

raha256 Bronze IL'ite

if your sister i not with him then y r u tolarating all this nonsense. call for legel help. warn him to stop threating this way. this is a cyber crime. take action immediately dear.

3. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Lodge a police complaint preferably BOTH in India and US. And send a lawyer notice (restraining order).

4. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

She should change her password and then close out that account. She should then create a new ID and email everyone on her contacts list to let them know her new ID. And this time, tell her to pick a better password!!

Unless she was naked in some photo in her email account, his threat about putting her on a **** site is just big empty talk. He sounds like a real desperate loser.

Like the others said, file a police complaint both in India and US. If you get an order of protection in the US, and he still contacts your sister or a third party close to your sister, he would be in violation of the order and could go to jail. So I think once you file that complaint and apply for a restraining order, he will think twice before continuing to harrass you all.

5. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

he probobably would be sane to change the password after he logged in. Why would he wait for her to change the password so that he has to again struggle.?

This is another lesson learnt . When in love be careful.....Dont share everything whether its feelings, personal details to great extent...

What the husband is doing is very bad. I can understand he writing her emails or accusing her if he is angry, but since he is forwarding all that to her contacts that is malice. Also he is uploading her pics oh too much insanity going on....

6. maggi99

maggi99 Senior IL'ite

He would have recovered her password even if he did not have. And knowing all the details of the OPs sis, answering her pwd recovery question might not have been a great job for the husband.

Dear first of all try recovering back the passwords for the email IDs and change all the password recovery questions of all email IDs. Remove any kind of picasa pic links or shutterlfy or any kind of photo links from the net.

ASG : Unless she was naked in some photo in her email account, his threat about putting her on a **** site is just big empty talk.

As far as the above quote, its not a big deal to merge the face and body of two pics with the N number of free softwares available on net.

Report to Cyber crime. This is quite strong now in India is what I have known.

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  7. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

She needs to file for seperation immediately and take restraining order to stop him from doing such things. she can file a complaint in US by calling, even if police just visits him and warns him he will be ok....I doubt he will post on **** sites. Its unlikely because if he wanted he would have done it. But anyway one can never know what anger can do. Also please tell your sister one important thing to not piss him off more at this point. To not reply or provoke him. Sometimes silence can also be provocation, so that too is not easy.... Just see that he is not provoked from your sister side. He is very angry , upset. Something drastic has happened that he is doing this? can you give some more background? do they have kids?

8. ArchanaP

ArchanaP Silver IL'ite

It's not good idea to lodge a complaint in both countries about the same issue. He can use it against his wife in the US court and prove that she is harassing him (for money or whatever) by lodging a complaint in multiple places on the same issues. US court may hold this against his wife and she needs to provide a valid reason for lodging the complaint in both places for the same issue. If your parents received a threatening email they can lodge a complaint against him in India for the threatening emails they recieved.

You mentioned he already has a case on him in US. So I suppose court did serve him with a restraining order. Just contact the domestic violence organization or the police. Provide them the previous case details and the proof of emails you have now and they will guide you through the process. You can do it too on your sisters behalf too in US.

9. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

:eek:mg: That is really terrible!!Wow he would really have to be a malicious psycho to think of doing that!

10. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Archana said very valid point , Law is very strange. I read on one of the law sites, if a man or woman abandons other spouse, the other spouse can file for seperation on grounds of desertion. But lets say the spouse comes back and pleads to live after some time which law stipulates to allow, one year or so...and the other spouse refuses to stay since he or she abandoned her, now the other spouse who adbandoned the first one in first place can actually file a seperation on grounds of abandonment... That is how law is , very strange..

It is good to file complaint in one place, since the guy is in US filing police complaint in India might not be useful

Last edited: May 20, 2010