1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband says i consume!!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Memories, Jan 31, 2013.

1. nicegirlradhi

nicegirlradhi Gold IL'ite

Sorry dinny...should that be the case dont you think OP husband will say, "go get a job and see what struggle i face"

i dont think that there is no need to compare what husband and wife do sustain family life. and not to compare each other

memories: ur husband must be crazy guy and would have said you that in a anger moment. but yeah if otherwise he is good to you and respect you i say dont take this to heart too much. every marriage will have these kind of arguments. you sure will get your day and then give him good once you get a chance:)

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Nicegirlradhi

I agree the chances of him saying this are there. But i feel what a homemaker does for the family can never be measured in terms of money and the only way to pay her back is by respecting and loving her.
    I agree that he must have said this in fit of anger.But his intention was to hurt her.And thats wrong.Fit of anger is no excuse to hurt.In our society i feel men always get away with such excuses.I saw many posts where members said directly or indirectly to put up with this kind of behavioir just because he said it in a 'fit of anger'.But let me ask you will OP be excused if she had hurt her husband like this... I dont think.
    And all i want is that OP should make sure that this is not repeated.OP was matured enough not to shout back at her husband.She didnt hurt her husband with harsh words.She only made a silent protest.I am sure by now her husband must have realised his mistake and things are back to normal.

I seriously feel that a wife is always expected to give respect to everyone around whether its the inlaws, husband but meanwhile she forgets to command it for herself.She deserves it too.
    Nicegirlradhi i dont have anything against you...so no hard feelings :)

3. nicegirlradhi

nicegirlradhi Gold IL'ite

Dinny.....i agree with you. but different people have different kind of ways in handling reln..

no hard feelings dear:thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  4. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Yes when a father feeds his kid, he is being involved in his child's care. That is how it works in a civilized worls with civilized people but I understand that concept is too much for you to comprehend. He works full time as in 10 hours probably and she works 16 hours all 365 days a year.

But you wont understand that- I mentioned ur pea brain, right??? Your workplace is a battlefield only becasue you cannot get ur boss coffee correctly even though she throws what you bring right back at you and you try to duck. If you apply yourself and maybe takes notes of her orders, maybe you will realize its not that hard and maybe she will start trusting you with more responsibilities like picking up her dry cleaning etc. Then it may not be a world war.....thought about that???

And lastly maybe his mom should know about this incident and fume like pressure cooker and finally when the pressure is too much for the cooker to bear..............I will leave it to your imagination :)

5. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

OMG...I know that these kind of men exist but never knew they can show their true faces shamelessly even if it is behind their computers...Cannot keep the mom outside ?..Can you?How much IQ do such people need to understand that even the OP is a mom and everything goes in circle?So every SAHMs including this posters mom is a CONSUMER and do not deserve a break once in a while.

6. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

OP, I think your hubby spoke out of anger( it is wrong ,,...no doubt about it).Therre is no point thinking about it again and again as your peace is much important than anything else.If he says it again tell "SO DO YOU".Just because your work cannot be seen or measured or quantified or whatever , he cannot say that you are just sitting at home.If he has to pay for your services, he cannot afford it.I had been both a working mother and a SAHM, I can say that being a working mother is much easier than SAH.Not to undermine the capacities of a working mother,but when you are a SAHM , you are expected to be available at everyone's service.And if you keep a help , you are wasting resources(yeah here it is "over" consumption).Even the maids who come would ask "madam ,why do you need a maid when you are at home".LOL..

Forget this and move on.When you are down and need a break , make him understand the situation as even he must be exhausted after full day of work.Imagine if we were to come back to a house where we have someone greeting us with a long face and deppression.Be cheerful and work as a team.Handle the "CONSUME" thing with humour.Tell him "as if you do not consume any of my service...cooking ,cleaning,laundry,etc...etc...."

1 person likes this.
  7. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

If he is saying so you can let it go just once or a few times. But if you find it regular then you can discuss with him. He might be having some problem which he has not shared with you. So, he might have got angry as you were reading book and asked him to feed the baby. don't take it to heart. sometimes it happens out of anger.. but some shamelss men forget they too have a big share in that consumption.. housewives with kids have a very small fraction of complete consumption of the family.

8. cedantseq

cedantseq New IL'ite

well your husband is rude to you. all of us consume things, as soon as we are born on this earth. try to get a job or ask your parents to have a talk to him. approach a marriage counseller too.

9. Superwoman

Superwoman Gold IL'ite

you still exist???
    :rant:bang:bangcomp::confused2::evil::eek

3 people like this.
  10. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

I really like this way of approach.This is the best way to handle it.

1 person likes this.