1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband Likes .. Normal?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by star90new, Jun 11, 2018.

1. star90new

star90new Bronze IL'ite

who told you .. I want to be covered till toe?
    what makes you think a woman is not modern if she is fully covered?
    Islam teaches to dress modestly. So you think non of the muslim women are modern?

shravs3 likes this.
  2. bron

bron Silver IL'ite

is this even correct what you talk??
    so you mean if she covers herself up he will fall for other young girls who wear shorrtclothes?? so if my husband is traditional and he doesnt want me to wear mordern clothes i can leav and go behind a guy a who approves mordern clothes?? is marriage is all about clothes? what about love and other things? what if a guy pushed a girl to wear traditional clothes when she wants to wear mordern short clothes?? he is a narrowminded guy who dictates things..but here a girl wants to wear full covered clothes but husband pushes to wear short clothes ..you term the girl narraowminded..is this not about what one wishes for?? she doesnt like short clothes simple she doesnt want to wear it..who is he to push it? ofcourse op can wear specially for him in bedroom and if she wishes she can wear outside. but if she doesnt want to then he has to respect her wish..he cant go behind a young girl who wear short clothes instead..then op can choose a guy wearing dhoti too.. what you said is wrong

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  3. Mahanu

Mahanu Silver IL'ite

There is nothing abnormal with your husband. He is expressing his desire. As per your post, it seems, so far you have not bought and worn such dresses. It means your DH has is not forcing you. You should start worrying only if he buys such dresses by himself and makes you to wear them by any means, against your wishes.

I think long skirts or 3/4 pants don't expose your body to grab others' attention. So, wearing them atleast during some outstation trips may be considered by you to satisfy your DH, if you are not totally against such dresses.

When he is cool, explain him why you are not comfortable with such dresses, particularly, wearing them while going out. If your issue is wearing those dresses during outings only, take him to such places were women/girls come in such short dresses and show him how men stare and comment at them. Ask him whether he will be cool, if the same happens to you. I believe no husband will ever like hearing lewd comments about his wife or other men staring at her.

Since, you are not averse to such dresses at home (assumed from your post), tell him in clear terms that you can fulfill his desires only at home and not outside. It will be a win win situation for both of you.

Regarding, clicking you in such dresses and posting them in social media, your decision should rule as they are your pictures. I too feel that it is an unwanted act, which may invite unintended trouble. He may just want to show off how modern his wife is or how open minded he is to allow you to wear such dresses, among his friends. Here too, you can show him some news articles highlighting women getting affected due to posting their pictures in social media.

Like someone already mentioned, it is just a passing fad. I assume you are newly married. Once you have kid(s), his perspectives and priorities will change automatically. So don't worry. Be cheerful and enjoy life.

star90new likes this.
  4. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Refusing to wear exposing clothes in public is not narrow mindedness.
    You need to change your attitude :rage::rage:

shravs3 and star90new like this.
  5. Star25

Star25 Gold IL'ite

I Dont find him wrong at all.. Some men wabt their wives to be modern and it's good he has expressed it to you too.. May be once you start wearing that uncomfortable feeling will slowly go off for you...and enjoy wearing then too.. After all we want our husbands to pound their love on us so may be he will be more romantic to you than he is currently..its a small thing that he's asked you so take it easy and start enjoying life dear.. If you are not at all comfy with a particular dress express it to him and see if he understands..

star90new likes this.
  6. Parry22

Parry22 Silver IL'ite

Nothing wrong with him. This is normal and common. Guys have certain fantasies when it comes to wives. Its totally normal, he obviously thinks you can carry all these clothes and thats why he is suggesting you. Even i didn't wear all these before, now i have started wearing it and i love it. I think u should try it at least once, if you are comfortable then continue wearing it, otherwise tell him ' I tried what you said once , but i am not comfortable so i don't think i can continue wearing it'

shravs3 and star90new like this.
  7. star90new

star90new Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the reply. I discussed with him last day. He says he feels I am not modern enough without showing little skin above knees. I told him till knees is okay. From what he spoke , I think he is kinda okay but not very happy. I occasionally do wear knee length clothes after marriage .