1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband Likes .. Normal?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by star90new, Jun 11, 2018.

1. star90new

star90new Bronze IL'ite

Hello ladies
    My husband wants me to wear three - fourth pants, shorts above knee , long skirts , short frocks etc when we go out . I din't know all these preferences when we got married. I wear jeans and top from childhood but never worse short dresses and all. I don't see many girls around me wearing such things around me. We live in a city , but I dont see many wearing these short clothes. My husband wants me to wear sleeveless and off shoulder etc.

Is anything wrong with him ? Is it common ? he like wearing shorts himself. When he married me he said he was conservative. from the next week of marriage he started sayng all these things.

GeetaKashyap likes this.

2. CoolPie

CoolPie Silver IL'ite

Dear,
    I dont find anything wrong in him. Its only up to you and your comfort level. You can probably wear what he says whenever you go on a tour or out of your place if you feel uneasy infront of your relatives or neighbours.

Or otherwise, wear what is comfortable for you and explain to him.

nakshatra1, anika987 and shravs3 like this.
  3. star90new

star90new Bronze IL'ite

The thing is he wants to upload photos on facebook and instagram . His relatives are against me wearing such outfits.Even I dont like.

4. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

i donno abt ur husband but many husbands do that to portray themselves as modern/cool etc ...finally its ur choice not relatives's ...but in cities generally knee length dresses /capris r quite common and modest and most people dont consider it indecent ..but after all its ur choice :relaxed::relaxed:

5. star90new

star90new Bronze IL'ite

Above knee also he wants me to wear. Yes till knee many are there. Yes my choice but my husband makes me feel guilty for not wearing. If its once or twice a year.. I would have he wants me to wear more than once a week.
    When ever he finds such clothes on display , he asks me to buy and wear it.

6. NeerjaC

NeerjaC Silver IL'ite

As a woman, it should be up to you how you choose to dress. If your husband likes to see you in short skirts and you indulge him once in a while then that is your choice. But he cannot and should not force you to dress the way he wants. Once you give in to allowing him to dictate how you dress, he'll soon be telling you what you eat, who you talk to, where you go etc.

You need to talk to him and tell him to allow you to be yourself. Maybe the two of you can come up with a compromise, but you need to nip this in the bud before he thinks it's ok for him to dictate to you how you should dress, especially if it makes you uncomfortable.

BhumiBabe and SunPa like this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

There are many sexy and pretty clothes which look elegant and knee length.

I personally feel it’s not what you wear but how you wear it.

Certain ladies dress up in fashionable clothes but their hairstyle or body type might not go with that dress.

Certain others may look simple but primed properly from head to toe and making them look fashionable.

Your husband seems to have atleast a broad minded thinking but he does not seem to express it well.

Read about fashion,how to dress,invest in quality clothes and dress according to your body and comfort level and you will rock!!

Rihana and GeetaKashyap like this.
  8. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@star90new,

Negotiate dear!

Wear some of your choice and some of his choice when you go out. And wear the naughtier ones between the four walls!

At your age I think it is quite okay to wear three - fourth pants, long skirts, sleeveless and off shoulder etc. What is not agreeable to you may be worn at home to please him. It could be a passing fad. Put your foot down to displaying these images on various platforms without your permission as such photographs could be misused by the negative elements apart from inviting unwanted comments from relatives and friends.

shravs3 likes this.
  9. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

If he were to say "Men like to play dress-up with dolls too. You're mine!", would you go for it? :lol:
    :beer-toast1:

Sunshine04 likes this.
  10. silentlistener

silentlistener Silver IL'ite

Anything wrong with him ? Oh ! No ! He is a normal, broad minded guy, who encourages his wife to wear sleeveless tops and short frocks.

I would say he is abnormal, if wearing such dresses makes him feel uncomfortable.

paarth and friendabc like this.