1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband habit of drinking - good / bad

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sheebros, Dec 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaycalifornia

jaycalifornia New IL'ite

Re: Husband habit of drinking -good / bad

Couple of things ..I would like to respond to
    1. Studies which show wine is good in moderation..if u google long enough you will find plenty of studies supporting anything u want. Most of the studies are conducted /funded by groups which have financial interests in them and hence have to taken with a grain on salt.
    2. Having grown up in a conservative family I have strong feelings about certain issues. That includes alcohol. There is a reason why its been a taboo...Its highly addictive. It makes one lose control .
    I have seen this so called 'social drinking" in my own circle of friends.... (when a bunch of us friends came to the US.) What starts out as a glass of wine once in a while at a restaurant becomes every time u go out. Then you start buying and storing it at home ...offer at ur parties and then now after more than a decade its every night just a glass to relax. When you have a bunch of adults drinking ..inhibitions are let go ..and u are not aware of what u say. To the point when u dont care that kids are around and are watching you.
    It might be ok with some..but may not be ok with some. Its all about ones priorities in life. How can I tell my son.."Dont do it" when i do it myself? How can I tell him tomorrow "Please dont drink and drive " when I do it myself after a couple of glasses at the restaurant?
    If someone is not comfortable about drinking ....then dont do it.

2. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Srividya , Hi Rakhi......

I think, you both got a little serious in the discussion. I will share something extremely interesting, which will make the discussion and the moment a lighter one.

I also drink. My favourite drink is rum, which I learnt from my friends in college days. I drink, very occasionally, may be once in four or five months, certainly not more than two pegs. In a whole year, the occasions I drink, may be two or three.

When it comes to , how often a husband says, "I love you" to his wife, I am very very poor. To me, it sounds a senseless rhetoric , if I repeat it to my wife , every other day. But, like every woman, my wife also must be craving to listen to it from me. The days I drink, I make it a point............to go near her........look into her eyes, and say "I love you", in an emotional and sensual way. Mostly my friends and their wives would be around. My wife says, I would be totally unmindful of the surrounding, due to inebriation. After saying, " I love you", I hug her and kiss on her forehead.

My wife says, the way I say it sensually and sincerely with emotions choking my voice, she feels like a real queen...! :)

In our fourteen years of married life, it so happened, that I say, "I love you" to my wife, only when I drink. So, believe me............there are days, when my wife herself asks me and my friends, "you guys did not party for so long........when are you planning your next party ?" :)

What an unusual benefit of alcohol , right :rotfl

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  3. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

IG, I was not serious at all. You see you dont want to be anywhere near me when I am serious :biglaugh.

4. reverie

reverie New IL'ite

live life to its fullest ...You really give a different meaning to it...
    Full or quarter...:)

----SHS...
    Hey Rakhi Even my parents are like your parents :):). The first time I had a drink It was with my father :).I really feel we should live life to its fullest.I would love to taste all wines :)..Infact I love to eat anything that moves :):)..from rabbits to snakes :rotfl:rotflLooks like we are a LITTLE TOO ADVENTUROUS

5. reverie

reverie New IL'ite

Hello Rahkii...

Thanks for the definition for addiction.

· Do you agree wine has alcohol?
    · Do you agree doing an abnormal thing at least 4 days a week an addictive habit?

If drinking alcohol at least 4 days a week (1000 times in 5 years) does not qualify as an addiction, what else?

I am not judging you here...just classifying your habitual alcoholism as an addiction.
    You might be entitled to your personal opinion, but can’t change a fact.

I have seen many kids taken away from their moms under similar scenario. Just check rulings on custody battles in your state.

There are better things in life to be taught to your kids.Please teach them first before introducing them to alchol,which kills no matter how you sugar coat it or label it.

6. Rakhii

reverie, if you dont want to take alcohol, dont take it. No one is forcing you to take it.
    Teach to your kids what you want to teach and let me deal with my kids my own way; i.e. educating them in my own way.

7. Rakhii

AND may I ask by what experience you are calling me an alcoholic and addicted to alcoholism? Are you a doctor? Do you have my blood test results? Lats time I checked you are not my family doctor. Did I come to you for counseling?

And may I ask by what right have you labeled me as an addict?

8. SHS

SHS Bronze IL'ite

9. mithy232

mithy232 Silver IL'ite

It is very tough to change someone's drinking habit. shakehead

It is 'okay' if alcohol is taken in limits.

10. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Now I need to confess I am a foodie..I just love to eat even if its a duck or a rabbit or turkey or even an octopus [/QUOTE]

Hi Stuti,

Nothing wrong in being a foodie........Just take care of your weight.......You will never know when obesity sets in. The process of gaining weight is too stealthily slow for one to know it, even.

Just a friendly word of caution.........!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.