1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband forcing for boy again after abortion

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Radhika333, Apr 5, 2016.

1. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Dear OP,

What is your opinion on becoming pregnant again? Your opinion also matters, not just your husband's. He cannot force you if you really don't want to have another baby. You have to stand for your rights. Your body is not a baby making machine to please your husband.

You should have opposed for that abortion, what can he do if you really don't want that abortion? atleast you should have taken the doctor's help by giving some false excuse that it's harmful to your health or so....anyways past is past.

Are you both 100% sure the next will be a baby boy, what if not? another abortion. Are you mentally & physically prepared for another abortion?

This is not at all acceptable. OP, please make up your mind & be strong and tell your husband that if at all he wants you to become pregnant then you are going to keep that baby whatever may be the gender. If he agrees to that then only go ahead or just go for family planing operation without even telling your husband.

More over your opinion & decision is important than our suggestions.

KashmirFlower likes this.
  2. Justanotherwife

Justanotherwife IL Hall of Fame

Well Said @kcb Couldn't have said it better.

kcb likes this.
  3. bruised234

bruised234 Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,

I know that if you are in the US, even if you don't tell your husband, he will get to know it because of the insurance issue. If only you had been financially independent. I suggest you go to India making your health as an excuse. Get an IUD inserted, stay for a month and get back. Since sterilization is something that is irreversible and in your situation it could be a drastic decision, try the copper IUD. Initial few months will be uncomfortable. Maintain yourself by exercise and vitamin supplements, because maintaining good health is extremely important when you are on contraceptives. Please do something or else your husband will put you down further, don't give in to his sick tactics. Being in the US, how can he think so backward? Does he think a son will stay put with him in his old age especially US? Nobody can make you dependent unless you give in to their tactics. This is not at all about dependency. I assure even if you were financially independent, you will still feel bound if you choose to listen to him. Currently I am not dependent on my husband yet I am mentally bound to him, so I give in to whatever he says. It is all in the mentality, nothing to do with dependency. If necessary threaten him and tell him you will go to authorities if he makes you pregnant time and again. US laws are not like Indian laws. You must take some step or you don't complain and feel bad.

4. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Put your feet down and let him know that you are done with two kids and cannot have anymore.Get an IUD inserted.

5. Radhika333

Radhika333 New IL'ite

Frankly talking I don't believe my husbands words any more, since my second pregnancy I am facing this hell. When my younger one was 18 weeks we found its a girls, he says later that he was over confident that it will be a boy so he is sad, his type of sadness to express was to keep yelling at me and my older one for ever silly reason. Seeing my baby bump would irritate him, he expressed these things clearly. Not able to bear this I was even scared what if he does not accept this baby, so I saw if they would abort ,he too said me to see for other option indirectly saying me to abort. It was too late, when he found my life is in danger if he does anything he kept quite.
    I am 36 , Since my abortion my periods are so irregular this time after 14 days of my last period I got my periods again.I am going to doc to place my IUD next week, I am scared too but I do not want anymore mess in my life.
    Thank you so much ladies, staying away from my family your feed back gave me lots of courage. Let's see what will happen next.

vaidehi71 and satchitananda like this.
  6. bruised234

bruised234 Gold IL'ite

Your husband respects neither you nor your kids. Thank God you are not in India or else you would have been in deep trouble. How can he think of terminating a pregnancy because it is a girl, and why did you so say okay when you got pregnant second time? See OP, if you give your consent he will do anything. You should not even have let him entertain those thoughts. Can't you see apart from the fact that abortion is wrong, you will suffer like hell? Your health, your body are not important? It is very bad. Dependent or not he is morally wrong, he is acting like a monster and he is sinning by asking you to commit a murder. Please tell him that next time he talks about having a boy. No need to get scared, have an IUD that suits you best. With an IUD, you could have really heavy bleeding in the beginning, so take supplements and eat well, hydrate and exercise well or else you will feel weak because of the bleeding. There is also the hormonal version, but I heard the period stops fully with that, I am not sure if you would want that as of now. Weigh your options carefully and take the best. You can also go for pills but the only problem with them is you have to take them without fail. Skipping even one of them could make you pregnant. I would say IUD is the best option. It is said to be more effective than pill or condoms.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  7. Gladimeir15

Gladimeir15 Junior IL'ite

I did not like the idea of abortion. It is a blessing from the above and we do not have the right to demand. We are provided what we need so do not be hypocrite of demanding a boy or a girl because the one responsible why we are here in this world knows best for us.

8. Gladimeir15

Gladimeir15 Junior IL'ite

I did not like the idea of abortion. It is a blessing from the above and we do not have the right to demand. We are provided what we need so do not be hypocrite of demanding a boy or a girl because the one responsible why we are here in this world knows best for us.

9. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

i am shocked by your husbands behavior.OP apart from that you need to look for job.Learn few basic skills .Look for adds in news paper for what is in demand locally and get yourself trained for it.You need to get asap on your two feets.