1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband Feels Guilty For Mingling With My Parents...?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Patientone, May 19, 2020.

1. Patientone

Patientone Silver IL'ite

What should I do? Hi guys I’m back...Things have sorted themselves out between me and my husband...things are better because my brother in law and sister in law help us ( his brother and Bhabhi). I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks earlier this month and hubby has been supportive. But what irritates me is for the first time at my daughters party my husband behaved civilalised I.e welcoming BUT as soon as I sent our photos to the family group....he put a pic up of his dad with my daughter. Almost as though he feels guilty for mixing with my parents or knows his parents will feel jealous. It stems from his brother mixing with his Bhabhi’s family... my in-laws don’t like that and think that the Bhabhi has their son twisted around their finger...but it’s not like that. His brother is kind and considerate. However my husband always listens to his parents moaning about the elder daughter in law controlling their son. So he doesn’t behave like that. Like he’s conditioned to think no I shouldn’t mingle with the family because my parents get jealous and upset....but it shouldn’t be like that...

2. ImHuman

ImHuman Bronze IL'ite

What to do. What can we do. Let your husband have such guilty feelings or whatever.. You might have already talked to your husband about importance of having both sets of grand parents.. if he can't be separated from his parents you can't be separated from your parents etc etc.. Did this kind of talk bring in any change?. Let time take control in these kind of things. You keep quiet and do what you think is appropriate and correct. Your in laws and your husband will have to grow up from their insecurities .