1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

husband cheated me

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by vijjianand, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Of course she is just venting out.. she must be feeling uneasy with the circumstances.. such a cunning and careless husband.. at least he should take care of her and kids well.. forget about the cheating.. that was only to get married but he should have behaved well nad taken care of his health well.. diabetic is genetic but it doesnt mean he just accept it without any efforts to overcome this problem..

2. Diacollect

Diacollect Senior IL'ite

3. riya123

riya123 Gold IL'ite

I am a victim of diabetes and I wish you knew a little about diabetes before saying he was careless to put on weight etc.. When you eat food, it gets converted into energy. So you eat only so much food as much as you require energy. It is a whole different story for a diabetic person. When a diabetic person eats food, only a small part gets converted into energy. So that person keeps stuffing himself with food as the body needs energy and the brain keeps signalling hunger till the body gets adequate energy. I have tried to explain in layman's terms.

Even I was putting on weight and found it very hard to lose weight. My husband blamed me for cheating him as well though I got stress induced diabetes after marriage citing stupid proofs of my aunt having diabetes and not disclosing it to him before marriage that I was genetically prone to diabetes!!. I literally had to force my doctor to change the dosage and medicine till I felt energetic like a normal person. The doctor needs to be smart enough to give the right dosage and diet - It is not a one size fits all medicine. In addition to the dosage I used to spend hours in the gym to get back to my original size 4 shape. I can relate very well to what OP's husband is going through.

I can only applaud your callous attitude towards some one who is suffering that too for a fault not of his doing!!

4. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Riya123,
    Please dont take it otherwise.. i know mood swings associated with diabetics.. metabolism changes drastically.. you never know how you may feel next morning or what happens to one evening suddenly.. OP has mentioned her husband eats junks.. he is availing faciltiy towork from home due to his condition.. d ont you think he should think a bit more about his health..
    I really feel bad what you are going through.. i would like to tell you i am myself diabetic and have hypothyrpid as well.. i am overweight by 15kg.. I was overweight by 22kg when i got this problem.. I got all these problem after stillbirth.. My condition is like this since 2007 August.. I came to know all these complications in 2008March.. This was the time when i started caring myself in all the ways.. It is really hard to lose weight but we should try at least.. i lose weight then i gain weight again i start again i lose.. very difficult and boring.. Keep on trying there must be some way which can help you.. I lost some weight in the last two years when i strictly started walking at least twice everyday and never sleep in the afternoon, cut all the junks not even ghee or any nuts.. But one think i tried that sleep well in the night which helped me a lot.. I am also going through same health conditions but trying that these conditons shouldnt rule me.. i have to be healthy at least for my kids..

1 person likes this.
  5. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

I dont know why you felt so much hurt but read vijianand's post again.. how much effort she is putting for her husband but she clearly mentioned he eats a lot of junk food more than a normal person and weighs 110kg.. I am also a diabetic.. noone in my family is diabetic but after knowing my conditon everyone is cautious about their diet..
    I really know a lo about diabetes and its complications.. in IL there is a group.. losing weight with several complications.. i know so many people are thee in IL who have multiple health issues but have lost weight succesfully.. I am not blaming his diabetic condition.. its his attitude towards his health and his family which is to be blamed.. OP is really worried and panicked about her family so she has posted here... needless to relate to yourself.

1 person likes this.
  6. niti123

niti123 Silver IL'ite

Dear OP,

Yes your DH lied to you and the fact that he lied and that he had diabetes (assuming he really did have diabetes) cant be changed. The only question for you is his attitude towards life and not whether he had or he has a disease or not. Secondly diabetes is not a venereal disease so as to make full disclosure though in all levels of decency he ought to have disclosed it. Sometimes you have to put in extra effort and make your DH comply.

My DH always had high cholesterol and triglyceride levels and blood pressure as a result. Hadnt he disclosed it would be impossible for me to find out as he looks very athletic. The problem is genetic for him. From day one of marriage I have been laying down rules for him. He is himself a responsible person so enforcing them wasnt really difficult. He eats whatever I give him. I know for a fact my DS will surely inherit these genes from his fathers side. It is a sad reality I have to live with. I have to take care of my DH or lose him and I have to take it on myself to make him healthy. I chose this life with my DH as only two months bfore our marriage he found out his cholesterol levels were not normal. He disclosed and I didnt want to back out. These can happen to anyone.

It is pointless to crib about it and it is a need for you to make him understand. You dont have to necessarily give undue importance to passing comments of your FIL and just stick to the basics. Make sure your husband eats healthy food. If he doesnt listen you should force him to. If he still doesnt listen, then you cant do anything about it.

Regards
    Niti

7. riya123

riya123 Gold IL'ite

Yes even I have lost weight after diabetes. I came down from size 8 to size 4. It is a lot of effort and determination. What actually worked for me is not diet but the right dosage of medicine. I was not even responding to the first medicine my doctor prescribed. My thought to OP is to consult a doctor and get the right medicine and dosage of medicine. I am not sure how harping around that 'he cheated her' would help her situation. She needs to accept it and move on. I dont agree that her husband having diabetes ruined her life. It is not a contagious disease and so OP is at no risk of suffering from a disease because of her husband.

8. rohinipriya21

rohinipriya21 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Well nothing can be done now, if you would like to continue with ur husband get his sugar levels checked evrytime, be cautious on his diet and make ur life happy and sound.