1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

husband buying land without discussing

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by lekhas, Jun 30, 2010.

1. lekhas

lekhas New IL'ite

hi friends,,

we are married for 8 yrs and he was looking for a land around the area where his parents stay for a long time. now he got one and is going to buy that . i was also brought up in the same area so for a change i said we will buy in some other area not too far away. he did't agree
    He only consults his parents in these matters and now he is buying land his parents found for him.so what i feel is does wife has no say in his life? he never take me for vacations but always concerned about how to make his parents happy what is the purpose of being a wife cooking and staying at home.
    he is a man of few words and before marriage itself everybody said he is a particular type character i changed myself to adjust.

now i have stopped talking to him because i am feeling sad and nothing to talk
    friends just venting and if you have any valuable advices please suggest

lekha

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Lekha

Whats the point here? Just becuase he said NO to the place where you wanted to buy the land, now you want to say NO? What are your reasons of not wanting to let him buy this land that is near by to his parents place? Just on the other side might be he wants to take the land near by to his parents so that he doesnt have to depend on others to watch it so that no one occupies it. Atleast someone around will keep an eye on it. So if you need someone to take care of it, we have to take it at a place thats convenient for the other person to go n look once in a while.

If you want to come up with a logical discussion and reasoning, you have to work on what are the positives and negatives of buying something somewhere. Compare and discuss the good and bad points.

Just because the land he wants to buy is next to your Inlaws doesnt make it a bad deal. Please put these inlaws issues aside and work on whats bothering you. I dont think land is the issue here. Is it??

Before working on such major decisions like finances/Investments etc..You have to work on small things and be on a agreeable terms with your husband . you both have to work on whats bothering you. If you have inlaws issues work on that. Work on those small things like vacations etc. But if you simply say NO to something just because you are upset about the other things your husband said/did wouldnt make any change in his decisions.

Think about it.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010