1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Humour? Be cautious!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,

so nice to see u here with yr humor intact, as also Nachu's and the doc's.

Yes sometimes humor can go overboard, i have too commited this crime many a times,but now try and be more cautious, like we are three chap in the garden for morning walk, the eldest one of 70 plus, i keep pulling his leg that u are as old as Asharam, and both are sindhis, well he never minds that, the other chap is 65 and a marwari, he too does not mind, we give and take in equal measure, we talk and laugh more and walk less.

Now this Asharam , sorry the elder sindhi , and this marwari they cannot seem to get along, i have to make peace. like the sindhi got bugged yesterday bcs the marwari told him, u come early to park, seems yr wife wants u out of the house sooner, and he took offence to it, it is a common joke otherwise bentween us.

Silly things really, at times we cant be too touchy, otherwise we better stay in our rooms, but yest Nachu an d Draupadi ones were not in good taste.

Regards

kamal

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Kamal
    I loved your line ' [FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]we talk and laugh more and walk less.' This is what I call 'spontaneous humour'. It has more value than reciting a joke we may have heard elsewhere. You have really amplified the point that I was trying to make. All the three of you are good friends and regular walkers in the park. You have shown yourself mature enough to take the jokes upon yourselves in good spirit and laugh too. Yet one ordinary remark from the marwari friend became an irritant to the senior Sindhi! It was possible that on that particular day he was not in his best mood or he was probably not feeling too well. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]This has happened to me many times. A friend might be capable of taking any amount of joking at his expense gamely but suddenly one day he would lose his cool over a very trivial remark. We would also feel hurt that he mistook us for a very ordinary remark forgetting how many jokes at his expense he would have taken in his strides and enjoying them too in the past.

That is why I always tell people to judge the mood before cracking a joke!
    Sri
    [/FONT]