Humble request before picking up a mantra online.

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by saranya.27, Dec 13, 2008.

1. saranya.27

saranya.27 New IL'ite

Hello ladies,

Hope everyone's doing good. After joining IL, I have seen that there are a lot of people who are kind and helpful in sharing knowledge on different subjects. I am happy to be a part of such a forum. :thumbsup

Apparently, I have found stotras like Aragala Stotram, Durga Kavacham, Santana Gopala mantram etc posted here. Personally I think that one shudn't chant such mantras without a guru upadesh. These are very powerful mantras (with powerful wavelength) and if chanted without a guru, it might show some adverse effects. If that happens then, the one who has advised you to chant the mantra (online or a friend) might carry some bad karma too.

I am not saying that god will harm you, but if chanted without following rules then there might be side effects. Devi means shakti / energy. So if chanted without assistance or withour following the rituals then shakti can turn into negative energy. Hope you get it!!!

Chanting a mantra with or without guru is completely your choice. I just felt the need to mention it here.

No offence to anyone here. All I am trying to say is "Be Careful" and ask you elders at home before you start chanting any new mantra. All the best. :)

Regards,
    Saranya.

1 person likes this.

2. raagini

raagini Silver IL'ite

3. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Sharanya. for this information.
    We have a few seniors in our forum who helps us with daily chanting mantras/shlokas which does not need guru dheeksha and can be chanted without any special assistance.

4. sunraise

sunraise Bronze IL'ite

Hi all members

as per the new theard of Saranya here is the answer

Dont worry who all want to learn and say mantra without a guru

in this world that is not that much easy to find a guru for learing mantra and all we dont have time to find a guru hope i am rigth

so what we can to is a simple way

this is for all who want to start the mantra or learn mantra by online or by some friend

every one who is intrested just take a print out or write in a paper
    and go to any shiva temple on thursday

and find where Guru Dashnamoorthy is located sit in fornt of Guru Dashnamoorty and take the paper in the hand and start saying to him (pray)

*that i need a guru , i cant find guru in this world who are true and its very dificult me to find here , so you are the guru for all i need you assitance and you are the guru for me from today i am going to start the mantra(which you want to start) so i need you help that please prevent me from the negative effects and give me the power of this mantra
    say the mantra 108 time in front of Guru Dashnamoorthy*

thats all he will be with us and prevent the negative effects dont worru nothing will be happen
    you will gain the power and it will help

and put some money as guru dashna to gurudashnamoorty

i hope this wil help

thankyou

suresh sabapathy

1 person likes this.
  5. sunraise

sunraise Bronze IL'ite

Dont worry who all want to learn and say mantra without a guru

in this world that is not that much easy to find a guru for learing mantra and all we dont have time to find a guru hope i am rigth

so what we can to is a simple way

this is for all who want to start the mantra or learn mantra by online or by some friend

every one who is intrested just take a print out or write in a paper
    and go to any shiva temple on thursday

and find where Guru Dashnamoorthy is located sit in fornt of Guru Dashnamoorty and take the paper in the hand and start saying to him (pray)

*that i need a guru , i cant find guru in this world who are true and its very dificult me to find here , so you are the guru for all i need you assitance and you are the guru for me from today i am going to start the mantra(which you want to start) so i need you help that please prevent me from the negative effects and give me the power of this mantra
    say the mantra 108 time in front of Guru Dashnamoorthy*

thats all he will be with us and prevent the negative effects dont worru nothing will be happen
    you will gain the power and it will help

and put some money as guru dashna to gurudashnamoorty

i hope this wil help

thankyou

suresh sabapathy

6. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Suresh,
    Thank you for this vital information. Like it was giiven previously in a thread that all mantras/shlokas cannot be chanted without any assistance because of the negative effects it might be cast upon the person who is chanting the same. You have clearly clarified this doubt & given the proper solution to this dilemma.

7. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

Suresh,

Thank you very much for clarifying the doubt.

Cheers,
    Priya Lokesh

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  8. Muthuraji

Muthuraji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Suresh

Thank you for giving a valuable information and as you said there is no time and no guru for learning mantras, it is very true. In our daily routine work, we have no time to find the people for learning mantras.

Thank you for clarifying our doubts through this thread. We will start doing this before we start chanting any new mantras.

9. saranya.27

saranya.27 New IL'ite

Dear Suresh,
    Thankyou for clearing my doubt.....so now i can confidently pick up a useful mantra and go to the temple and pray to Lord Dakshina Moorthy.

I have another doubt. I am sorry for asking too many questions. :?:
    Can i start reciting Durga Kavacham in the similar manner that you suggested....coz Durga kavacham requires us to tie a red thread to our waist and then read it......can you tell a proper method for reading
    Durga kavacham please.

Thankyou and sorry for the trouble.
    Saranya.

10. saranya.27

saranya.27 New IL'ite

hello anyone here........
    please give me the proper method to read durga kavacham. shud i really tie a red thread on my waist while reading it???