1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Humans Superior and More Valuable Than Animals?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Nov 16, 2013.

1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Satchi it is not fair to do such act.can we give life to a dead person or animal ?Life has more values.

1 person likes this.
  2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Periamma, I am not even debating the rights and wrongs of euthanasia. That is a separate topic altogether. All I am trying to say is "what is good for the goose is good for the gander". So if euthanasia is considered as compassionate, then it should be extended to humans and stray/wild animals too. If euthanasia is considered as wrong/infringement of one's life to live, then it should be extended to animals too - pets or wild.

Saying we are compassionate to our pets but we put human right to life (even if they want to die) at the top is being hypocritical.

3. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Cheeniya Sir..
    I've seen many vets who sadly at the drop of the hat advise the pet to be put to sleep... funnily they are doctors who should try and save lives of their patients (animals).. but they take the easy way out.. so many people I know who have just succumbed to that pressure and put the pet to sleep.. and the few who had the courage to oppose and fight it out have lived long blissful years with their pets.. I'm so proud to know that you are one of them..
    kerman

1 person likes this.
  4. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchi
    giving all credit for the compassion and dedication of all pet owners and animal lovers.. sometimes as I mentioned to Cheeniya sir the circumstances portrayed by the vets is so very grim and hopeless that often the person thinks that they are doing a favour to their loved pets by putting them out of their agony.. I think atleast 90% of these pet parents would run from pillar to post to save their pet before taking such a difficult decision. so saying that they choose to put their pet to sleep because they want an easy way out is not entirely true...
    Having said that the main topic or essence of your thread is why should animals be treated any different.. right? well agree with you 100% on that if we can continue to prolong life of ailing/ comatose patients .. spend millions of them by keeping them on life support then why isn't that choice given to animals???.. to die a natural death however painful or otherwise..if we can decide for these muted beings then why not for the so called superior "human species".
    After all why playing God for one species is ok not for the other?
    Kerman
    P.S. but I want to exempt killing of cockroaches/ flies/ ants/ lizards/spiders.. from this argument.. see the superior differentiating Human in us is hard to kill..

1 person likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You know Kerman , when the Vet told me that this skin trouble was incurable and it would be difficult for us to keep the pom in proper hygiene, I told him that we never killed anyone for skin trouble, not even the lepers in chronic stage. I would not allow my dog to be put to sleep. He too appreciated our gesture and extended his maximum help in getting the injections throughout its life span.

1 person likes this.
  6. satchitananda

Hi Kelly,

Coming to the topic of mercy killing, no, I am not against that, but as you rightly say, it is the attitude of "we are the superior species deciding what to do for the "lesser" species" is what gets me.

Totally agree with the last point. :rotfl But you know what, I would classify that as killing in self defence, defending our territory etc.

7. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Brain wise yes...Now dosent it mean we have the responsibility to protect them???

Morally-NO..Animals are far better in morality....look at the irony here...I am posting in a peoples forum....

1 person likes this.
  8. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

I think out of emo..I missed your actual question:

Somehow we can see a dog put to sleep not people..we just cant let them go..even it means them suffering for life....I think that very person must make it clear that its better to let go.....may be then.

1 person likes this.
  9. satchitananda

There are so many Heron who even go to court with appeals to be allowed to go; but no, the courts and the law makers believe they own our souls and bodies. Most countries do not allow euthanasia.

10. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

I had always thought it was better to put a pet to sleep that let him/her suffer. But your words totally changed my opinion and showed me something I have never thought of before. So proud of you, Sir! :)

Dear Satchi, to answer your questn, any day I'd prefer animals to humans and they are far more superior to us! :)

2 people like this.