1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hubbys behavior

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by quincyagain, Mar 17, 2010.

1. grihasta

grihasta New IL'ite

Aren't you making the assumption here that your husband is ready to cheat and your SIL too is willing? That would be a poor reflection on your husband and BIL/SIL.

What is wrong if he looks at good looking girls? Doesn't he ever say that so and so movie actress is beautiful/looks good? Don't you ever feel same way about actors?

How long have you been married and how well do you know your husband? Has he made you feel insecure before? for e.g, say your sister had an affair, would you take it kindly if someone implied you too might do it as your sister did it? That is what your argument sounds like.

Are you suspicious by nature or has there been incidents in your marriage or is there anything your husband did before marriage that makes you so suspicious?

2. quincyagain

quincyagain Junior IL'ite

hey i am not suspicious by nature, i am overly cautious. to be honest, i expected my husband to move out of the room when he is done with his job to help me but it hurt me when i saw him there after he is done helping others as if kids are my responsibility. so i was digging into his act, and i felt he shd move out of the room asap when a woman was putting on her makeups and arranging her saree, giving her privacy.

3. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

1) You are over reacting
    2) You love your spouse too much(so that you cant spare a single moment his eyes off you)
    3) Your situation at the time(struggling with baby and time is getting over to start) added salt and pepper to your over reaction
    4) You know that you need to look better for your spouse (lol, you agreed on your excess stuff... cant stop laughing)

Lessons:
    1) take few min before jumping on him before making the conclusions
    2) Work out seriously(at least moderately)
    3) start getting ready little earlier from next time onwards.
    4) Listen to good ILs (I am not a IL, I am a I-GM .. lol )

4. battagani

battagani New IL'ite

dear quincy,
    I too doubt my hubby when is talking to someone on his mobile. i ask him directly who is it. he tells me. and i'll go away. he laughs at me n says u r not trusting me. i'm not that bad he says. n we laugh together. he never asks me with whom i'm talking in mobile, he trusts me alot i think. but with ur problem, ur husband should have left that room when another woman is dressing up. he should not give chance to question about his behaviour. don't get upset, try to think positively. bye:)

5. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Quincy, it will be a nightmare for men if they stop looking at beautiful women, on the contrary their wives might even start getting suspicious otherwise if all is normal with the guy?

I think you were jealous when you saw she was dressing up and is somewhat good looking , for what reason its hard to say and may be you tried to compare yourself to her. This also means being too possessive towards loved one...

6. sowmyapbhat

sowmyapbhat Senior IL'ite

Well,

I'm not sure if her husband needed to iron his brother's clothes?

Does he do this usually? If he doesn't, then obviously he did it as a reason to stay in that room.

Harmless, really, but irritating nevertheless. Especially when the wife is struggling with getting 2 kids ready.

I guess you could just casually mention how the kids are a handful, and you would really appreciate it if he helped you get them ready when needed.

And don't forget to call him when you need help!:thumbsup

Cheers,

Sowmya

7. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Now this is taking a suspense thriller turn, sherlock homes may be needed to solve the puzzle. If they were visiting where is the question does he iron usually?

There can be a possibility he ironed his brothers clothers to stay in the room, but had he done that just for his brother it would have made little more sense, that is he went into the room with pretext of ironing his brothers shirt, but if he was ironing his clothers and thought to iron his brothers as well, how would it be proved ? should he just have got out of the room once he was done ironing his clothes?

8. sowmyapbhat

sowmyapbhat Senior IL'ite

It is definitely detective work, don't you think? Is it a habit he has, of ironing his brother's clothes? Or is it only this time he did that?

See, anytime there is a deviation from normal habits, it has to be questioned. Like why the dog didn't bark when the thief entered the house - obviously the thief was known to the dog!

If I were in his place, I would just iron my clothes and get out of the room. I don't know if it is a common thing to iron everyone's clothes if you happen to have the ironing board?

Especially, a guy ironing another guy's shirt is unheard of, at least among the people I know.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  9. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

Who was in the room first? If your husband was in the room first, then typically I don't enter into the room for make-up if my BIL was in the room.
    Again it depends on both of there closeness. Typically my husband would call anyone his sister and get close to them at the same time I don't call people with relations (friends).
    But anyhow this will not happen all the time so don't worry much on it. I know some of the men in our friend circle who purposefully have propagated conversation with some women.So take it easy.Based one the circumstances they raised for some it may not matter at all.

10. sa7500

sa7500 New IL'ite

just relax..........its overreacting..........nothing much to worry about

if at all you hav doubt answer yourself to these questions
    1.was your BIL busy with someother work .....if so ur dh would hav helped his brother ......thats it
    2.where your dh and SIL speaking or cracking jokes laughing ...
    3.were they facing each other or in the opposite direction...........

these are some questions to help u to come out of this and to trust your dh.
    concentrate on u if u feel u r fat.....arobics really helps........try it out