1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Hubby's bad cholesterol, help!

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by asuitablegirl, Nov 20, 2008.

1. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite

Dear SandyTM,
    Buy golden flaxseed and grind it at home. It is better. The already ground up one had the flax oil removed. It is not that expensive... about $3 -$4 per/lb. You can grind it in the coffee grinder. I add it to just about everything I cook.
    I have also tried consuming thermogenic foods, these are foods that burn calories. Cabbage, celery, cauliflower, brocolli are some of them. I cut up floretts of cauliflower, brocolli and add to diced/sliced celery, cabbage, red/yellow bell peppers, carrots and cook everything together, kind of like stirfry with just a few drops of extra virgin olive oil. Eat it over a couple spoons of brown rice. More veggies and less rice..

2. SandyTM

SandyTM Junior IL'ite

Hi oopall.. thanks for the tip..

3. kirti251

kirti251 Senior IL'ite

Dear Ils,
    For cholesterol problem stay away from white food(white floor,more sugar,refined floor).Insert whole wheat product in your daily life.Limit your oil intake also & it'sbetter to take olive oil.Oats are very good for cholesterol.When cook ur chapati cook from whole wheat floor.U can make khichadi with combination of green moog dal & wheat daliya.Daliya breakfast also good.When u crave for sugar make sweet daliya but use jeggery do not use sugar,but take it it once a while.One important thing u must have to do Ramdev 7 sets of pranayam in early morning .If u don't have time do it after 4 to 5 hrs of your lunch.Never take your dinner too heavy.Take it very light & 2 hrs before sleeping. I hope this help u.

4. neetureddy

neetureddy Senior IL'ite

Hi ASG,

This reply is probably 2 months late or so but just thought I'll share it with you. Drinking a cup of cinnamon with honey does help to reduce bad cholestrol. My uncle who has plenty of LDL and also a gut and since he's been drinking this concoction, the guts' gone and the LDL has significantly reduced. 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder and honey in hot water every morning and night ought to do the trick.

5. sudharg

sudharg New IL'ite

Garlic ! !....thats the one for a quick remedy. My husbands cholesterol level was so high that he had already showing symptoms of breathlessness and tiredness which could have led to heart attack soon. After forcing him to go to doctors and a checkup it was found out his cholesterol was dangerously high. He was on medication, but the best source was raw garlic everyday...just 2/3 pods of raw garlic help the cholesterol melt. a month of eating raw garlic dedicatedly and walking for an hour brought his cholesterol level reduced to near normal. He still takes garlic 3 to 4 days a week and beleive me his cholesterol is not of any concern anymore, well within the normal range.

6. janakivengalada

janakivengalada New IL'ite

hi,

firstly you can do is stop cooking fried foods,then add more vegetables in lunch and dinner.you can do like cook curries with vegetables.like beans,cabbage,carrots,cauliflower,leafy greens,etc.and reduce meat.and inbetween meals he can eat apple or orange.and add nuts like almonds.the best nuts for high cholesterol are walnuts.A FISTFUL OF WALNUTS everyday are very good for bad cholesterol.eat breakfat regularly which will help whole day.late night meals are bad.if you eat rice,cutdown rice.eat roti in the dinner.and last not the least minimum excersize or walking,jogging is must.