1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hubby talking much

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by kavyster, Dec 17, 2009.

1. kavyster

kavyster New IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    I really need your suggestions. My hubby talks too much and when he talks he tells all the personal information, that is effecting him in his career and lot many ways and people are negative etc,.
    I told him many times he says yes and keeps quite for one week and repeats the same thing, that is really creating a problem.
    What is the best way that i make him talk less and also make him talk only the answer to the question( for e.g in his case if you ask his name he will tell his name, father and grandfather, i mean to say he talks so much).
    Please help me.
    Thanks,
    kavya

2. sandu

sandu Bronze IL'ite

Does he talk so much to everybody or to some people only?

Some people are like that. they talk way too much and give too much info that people who listen are not really listening any more. may be you must just point out the situation to him when he keeps talking too much that people stop listening or show signs of disinterest... or perhaps you can try to signal to the other person that it is time to break up... sorry, i really dont have any other idea now!
    Sandhya

3. rosegirl

rosegirl Bronze IL'ite

My dad used to be like this. So everytime guests came, my mom always finishes all her cooking and cleaning beforehand and sits with dad during conversations. When dad goes overboard, she just has this signal where she keeps her hands in her cheeks casually and dad would understand and change topic.

If mom is not there dad is allowed to talk only about politics, cinema, stock/shares and current affairs. Nothing else.

Just establish some ground rules...

4. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

Wow!! I gotta love your mom.. the local (Domestic) politician, beyond the home minister.. The signaling is cute... keeping the hands in cheeks to red flag.. "Cool... Cool buddy... you need to relax ... " lol...