1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hubby and In Laws..

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Champa Ramesh, Oct 30, 2007.

How to cope with inlaws

1. to Convince in laws

5.6%
  2. to go separate from them

44.4%
  3. make my hubby understand my problems

55.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hi All..
    I'm married for 1.5 yrs and this was a love marriage, and was very happy to accept his family and members..
    But things have changed a lot past 6 months im not able to cop with my inlaws..
    The happy thing is im working women...
    Gals please help me how to come out of all these issues its affecting my official life..
    do send me tips on the same
    Champa

2. ayeshanaaz

ayeshanaaz Junior IL'ite

Hi Champa,

Welcome to the world of in-law troubles!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well dear to begin with all of us are going through some or the other kind of torture from our in-laws. and since urs was a love marraige then u have to go through this compulsarily. Even mine was a love marraige and I am also going through hell everyday JUST because of my in-laws.

I know its not easy, but try to maintain a distance from them. donot interfer in their matters and keep your issues to yourself. invloving them too much in your matters will create problems. and shall I tell you one good time tested recipe of a succesful marraige:

"DO NOT HAVE ANY EXPECTATIONS FROM YOUR HUSBAND."

Follow this & i hope it may give u some relief.

regards
    Ayesha

3. Aarushi

Aarushi Platinum IL'ite

I just have 2 things to say here.

1) As long as your husband understands you and supports your point of view, one should be ok with it. Do not expect that when you start criticizing your in-laws, he will join you in lambasting his own parents and siblings. It will very rarely happen so why bicker over this point?

2) Staying separate has an advantage in that you do not fight over small, small matters with your MIL. When staying together is causing friction and spoiling relationships, why do it? I would rather stay away and maintain a formal relationship.

love,
    Aarushi

4. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

As long as the husband is supportive nothing else matters.Staying away from in laws is better than being with them and having fights day in and out.If the in laws are nice it is o.k.Otherwise it is better to stay out.