1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How's Relationship Between Co-brothers? Sweet -sour

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Vedhavalli, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

I wanted to know how is the relationship between co-brothers?
    (Ie husbands of sisters).

In our grandmother's days it's not much difference most men folk worked and had similar backgrounds wrt society , place of living etc.
    Our mother's days it changed - people married in long distance from native, different backgrounds. Still the co-brothers mingled at functions, parties etc.

How is it now?

Does the relationship based on wealth, education, family background, property , place of living (india or abroad) and finally sisters present day affection?

P.s: CO-SISTERS all together a different story, we see in our forum.
    question strikes me Because I saw 2 co-brothers discussing who has better house, car job, who's kid goes to better school, who pays high fee, Mind you they were in 30s. I was like are they teens?!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    Sinant likes this.

2. Sinant

Sinant Silver IL'ite

Hello Vedhavalli,

I can relate to what you came across. I can agree 60-70% with that. We are 2 sisters, married and both of us are outside India. None of us have kids yet. However, its a bit different with us... Its like.. a kind of 'Silence' always exists. This silence may be due to various factors, like,
    1. Not interested in knowing about your lives
    2. Not keen on bonding
    3. Superiority
    4. Different folks different strokes, nothing of common interest to have long conversations

Watever it may be, its just there... there is no improvement from both sides. So, just left it at that :grazy:
    However, the religious weekend calls happen. Birthday / anniversary calls happen. So, just hanging in there :smile:

3. Brevity

Brevity Gold IL'ite

I am very close to my sibling sisters. We cannot be happy if one of us has a problem. There is no jealousy between us. Our husbands are not like best friends but are friendly, helpful, courteous, interested in each other's well being, consult each other on their domain of expertise etc. I feel so much love and care and of course fun when we are all together. I feel blessed.

sindmani, Sunshine04 and messedup like this.
  4. Sowbhagya84

Sowbhagya84 New IL'ite

5. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

My husband has good relation ... Mutual respect , pleasant and polite .

6. DXBDesi

DXBDesi Silver IL'ite

Mutual respect , avoid discussing religion and politics in detail...

What annoys me is when once sisters husband is much well off, that sister will indirectly show off to another sister, leading to jealousy and a feeling of keeping up with Joneses