1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How well do you gel with your spouse?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by meena2, Apr 8, 2010.

1. ArunaSashi

ArunaSashi Bronze IL'ite

Nice thread..

We've been married for a month and few days now.. Head over heels in love with each other.. :kiss

He is responsible one among us.. Teaches me to be responsible.. (Gets angry if I act childish:rant) though its acceptable when am just playing.. :crazy

He is very organised and am not... He taught me to sort out stuff in the wardrobe and to keep it organised.. (I know, am a spoilt brat!)

He took charge of handling my finances.. hallelujah!! :bowdown How I hate tax planning!

We both love to eat! But he can eat a heavy meal and skip another.. I can eat only a small quantity at a time and can never skip a meal!

He loves chicken, am not much into non-veg.. So the gravy is mine and the pieces are his.. :cheers
    I kind of cook well and experiment with it.. He loves to try new dishes..

He wants me to find and pursue my passion while he provides for the family.. Which I find is not fair at all!! Not sure what am going to be doing in this regard... :confused2:

Well, on the whole he's making me a better person.. :clap

2. raha256

raha256 Bronze IL'ite

me and DH go well with some respects and in the remaining we are opposite poles.

for food we gel with each other.
    as far as cleanliness is concerned ,:eek:mg: he can sit even in a dustbin. but i wash even the dustbin everyday.

i do every job like a superfast train, DH is always a mumbai mail.:bowdown

when we go for buying suffs, i like whatever DH likes and same is he:thumbsup.

3. modernwoman

modernwoman Senior IL'ite

Hi
    Interesting Post.
    My husband and me we are very opposite.The only thing common between us is we love watching horror movies.

Other than that we are poles apart.I am pessimist,he is optimist.
    I am a health freak ,he is not.He always brings in junk food into our house and I detest it.
    He hates reading books ,I love reading.
    He talks more than me with people,I am very introvert.
    I like keeping things organized and clean and hate it when they are not ,he keeps piling up everything on his desk stacks of papers etc --I hate that.

We are two very fiercely independent people ,both of us are very head-strong, stubborn and dont depend on each other so we give each other a lot of space .Our poor kids are subjected to our arguments during our head-strong moments.:bowdown
    But inspite of all that I am happy to have a husband like that.I wouldn't have been able to survive if I had a hubby who interfered in my life.My viewpoint might be different but I like to have my own freedom and space and dont like someone asking me what I am doing ,where I am spending money etc etc.

4. Maggie2009

Maggie2009 Gold IL'ite

My husband is a scorpio and am a sagittarian...but when with each other, it seems like we have a personality swap

we both love sports and so no fighting for the remote :)
    we both are quite the party animals and quite the adventurers....but there ends the similarity

He is the human equivalent of a field of sunflowers...always sprightly and bursting with life..and am the human equivalent of a moonlit jungle...slightly wild and unpredictable...you can imagine what a pairing this is..

I read a lot and he doesn't..I think mess can coexist with me in peace and he is super organized...He is super logical and am super emo, he likes federer and i like nadal...the list goes on

But i guess that what spices up life and gives us things to talk ( argue) about...he is the perfect yang to my yin...the fred astaire to my ginger rogers...Sigh :kiss

5. ArunaSashi

ArunaSashi Bronze IL'ite

I think mess can coexist with me in peace and he is super organized...//

This is soooo us! :crazy

6. mayach

mayach New IL'ite

My side of story
    I am very outspoken and my DH is very introvert he keeps things in his mind and keep thinking about it. I mention everything out even if it is not good for me.
    My DH is health conscious as he has Acid reflux and so cant eat spicy food or chocolate. I love chocolate and non veg.
    My dont like to wear clothes when at home in summer but he likes to be moderate. Even though we look like we are quite opposite we get along well and love each other. At the end of day living happily is what matters.

7. tweetyfan

tweetyfan Silver IL'ite

ModernWomen,

Atlas there is some like me.Me and my DH are poles apart except some.

8. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

He wears something right? :)

9. mayach

mayach New IL'ite

Sorry I kind of forgot I am in public forum to write that way yes he does wear sleapwear shorts :) hahaha