1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How unfair she is!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 1, 2007.

1. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri sir,
    Dont get offended,
    I am on the side of the mommy on this one and also on the patti's side. kurumbu pethi with support from thatha is like veedu rendu agum looti adiche

I wish I was young again to enjoy being pampered by grandparents...

2. arty2010

arty2010 Bronze IL'ite

Just to add my 2 cents here... when i was 6 or 10 or 15 or 20 :) , if i ask the reason for something my mom asked me to do ,,,,,and when she cant think of a logical answer she would quote my maternal grandmother (i.e her mother) "kids shouln not counter question thier elders" :) which btw, she was indirectly telling me in her own way.. but our generation being a bit rebellious she knew she could not get away with such statements ...so she would use this indirect tactic.... though it never used to work with me it def used to lighten up the situation :)
    In her own words and stories she claimed to be a very naughty giving my grandmom(did not get to meet her in person.. she passed away when my mom was still a teenager) a tough time..... so you are absolutely right... hypocrisy is the name of the game :rotfl

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Arty
    Thanks for your visit! That was a very candid view indeed! But I would not go to the extent of terming it 'hypocrisy'. Consider this point. Most of the confrontations within the family are usually between successive generations like father and son, mother and daughter etc. Very rarely there will be any misunderstanding between a grandparent and grandchild. The reason is simply this. When a parent is very critical of a son or daughter, the young one usually makes a beeline to the grandparent to get some guideline about how to handle the parent because they know that the grandparent would have faced a similar situation in the past and that they would have put the parents in their place.
    You may call this a strategic alliance. This creates a great bonding between the grandparent and the grand child!
    Sri

4. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

Though I joined in IL in 2010 (as I had to sign in to view some recipe), only for past few months I am aggressively browsing all forums.

Then I started posting few threads (few of my kirukkals) recently after I left my job (I am not a serial watcher). Thanks to Chitra mam's index, I am reading your Senile Ramblings. Of course picking the topics randomly. Also reading Varalotti sir's writings. Amazing is the standard of English. (your's as well as all others who give feedback in your threads).

I don't think I am fit to give you FB, but I am enjoying reading all your threads, learning / observing the art of writing. Realizing that I am far away from good writing. Hoping to improve.

I feel good to even communicate to you.

Regards
    Manjukps

5. Cheeniya

Dear Manju
    Thanks a lot for dropping in! Nice to know that you have started to browse all forums 'aggressively'. That will make you a good writer eventually. You know why? When you see how we get away with absolutely silly stuff in the name of Rambling, you will start thinking that 'if these people can do it, why can't I?'

Writing is just like having a chat with friends. All you need to do is to put in writing all that you share with your friends in conversations. You are not far away from good writing if you are not far away from good reading! All writers start as readers. Some stop with reading. Others sit before the key board and start hammering out! Come out of your shell, Manju!
    Sri

6. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri Sir,

Thank you for your encouraging words. Now started having a fair idea of what are all about I shall write, definitely it needs lots of shaping up. Initially I may be struggling but hope to get improved on various skills of writing.

I enjoyed reading this post and I was laughing myself in the kitchen after I scolded my 14 years old son and 9 years old daughter for they had brought their half finished lunch boxes for 3rd consecutive day. In the inner mind I know I scolded them to make them realize not to waste food. Another thing is they should realize the the energy (let it be my physical energy or fuel energy) and time spent to prepare those.

Regards
    Manjukps

1 person likes this.
  7. Cheeniya

Dear Manju
    I have two grand daughters exactly of the same age group, 14 and 9. It is a daily routine for my daughter to yell at them for their unfinished lunch boxes and I yell back at her reminding her that she did the same thing years back!
    Sri

8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

This reminds me of a movie in which the father is reviewing the grades of his daughter in the dinning table while his wife and the grand parents (father's parents) are watching. The father asks, "Hey. What kind of grade is this? You get 10 out of 100 in math and 5 out of 100 in science. You expect me to sign this progress report?" The little child does a high five with his grand father and tells dad, "please sign this progress report as the one you are holding is already signed by my grand pa. Those were your grades when you were little." The whole family laughs including the mother of the child to see the trick played by the little one.

Viswa

9. Cheeniya

Dear Viswa
    It is a universal complaint that the children are spoiled by grand parents. Here at least, it is a happy story. I have come across instances when the grandmother seeing her son taking her grandson to task for not doing his homework, promptly intervenes and tells her son in front of the child something very critical about his childhood. I really do not understand the logic behind this indulgence. I can understand a grandmother feeling sorry for the harassment her grandson is facing but why ridicule the parent to show her support to her grandchild?
    Sri

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

eMy dear Anna as mentioned by Kamala a good tribute to mothers. Enjoyed reading your write up. Mother children relationship is a special one so also grandparents and grandchildren. As a mother they are very strict with their children but when they become grandparents they have a soft corner for them and cant bear when their chldren shout at the grand children. Especially till the age of 5 or 6 yrs children are so sweet and whatever they do at that time makes the mother happy. The other day my daughter was telling me that her daughter who is 4 yrs old when she wants she will say I am grown up and at times she will say I am a child how will I know. I told her we have to have a knack to bring up children. I am very soft natured so I coudl not be strict with my children and always used to save them.

I was so happy to receive a gift from my son in which it is written World's greatest Mom. and the wordings were so sweet saying You are the center of our family and you always make me feel safe. You do everything fo reveryone else and so little for yourself(in my case doing little for myself is not true because I am also a child and want everything). I dont say often enough how much I love you or tell you that you are the world's greatest Mom. You are worth your weight ingold. I know every child feels like this for their mother because mothers are always special.