1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How unfair she is!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 1, 2007.

1. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

There can be no better tribute to mother than this!
    Aren’t mothers universal? Always chiding their children about things they do wrong but internally enjoying their pranks, and rejoicing in their achievements and never losing a chance to brag about them to their friends.
    And children also like to be admonished by their mom, secretly enjoy annoying her, making her shout at them, getting up late, being messy, clumsy, and never getting anything right.
    This article reminds of the Mother’s day letter my 8-year old wrote for me declaring that he loves me even though I …”disagree with him all the time…”I have this framed and hung on my fridge.
    The underlying love beneath a crusty rough exterior between mother and child brought out so well Sir. I had tears in my eyes!

2. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Very cute Sri. But it is not your usual stuff. Somewhat different. A different Cheeniya. Hard for me to visualize everything in this post, since I have had no experience in this direction. This is my shortest fb to a post by you.

:)

oj

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya sir,

What brave little ones are these little kids!! Thank you for taking us moms to the world of the little ones. I will agree to everything you have said - from the perspective of a child :) and nod as a mom in appreciation!! With such a wonderful feedback from Kamala, how could I not read and show my appreciation! This grand father seems to be very much in tune with the child and the mom!!

Indeed how unfair are moms to even entertain such a thought!! This had me laughing my head out - OMG I can totally see myself doing the same thing, all the time!!

Thoroughly enjoyed reading this snippet...specially when I have two little ones in the same age group constantly challenging me every day and now thanks to you, may be I have some perspective and may not work that hard at getting the 'meanest mommy award' that I want ;-)

4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamala
    It is not what I have written that has moved you to tears but the recollection of your own wonderful days of bringing up your son that has come gushing out in tears. Mothers are universal. How can there be even an iota of doubt in it? I remember the days when my mother reprimanded me severely, she would cry in the bed after the lights were out for having scolded me. The feel of her tears on my tiny fingers endeared her more to me than all her petting put together.

When my mum passed away a couple of years back and her frail body was lying for the final rites, I was crying uncontrollably. Chitvish who had come to pay her last respects to my mum who she loved so much, she remarked to me that she was stunned by the sight of a 67 year old man crying like a child.

Mothers don't die. They just shift to our memories where they feel a lot more comfortable and the frailties of age do not make them suffer any more
    Sri

5. Cheeniya

Dear OJ
    This may be your shortest FB to me but nevertheless it was something I loved reading and cherishing as always
    Sri

6. Cheeniya

Dear Srama
    The greatest advantage of being a grandfather is that it is a great education in perspectives. Watching three generations conducting themselves and responding to the demands of life in totally different ways, is a great gift of learning though it comes a bit late in our life. If only we could get such practical lessons in perspectives early in our life, how easily we would have negotiated all the twists and turns in our life with great ease!

Nothing would make me happier than seeing you lose your interest in the 'meanest mummy award'. If you still want to get it, go dressed as one on the Halloween Day and make your two lovely kids happy and proud!
    Sri

7. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya Sir,
    That was a wonderful journey into the mind of a six year old. Moms, how unfair can they be.. really saying things that dont make sense to a little six year old's tiny brain. At the same time being this extremely loving person that the little cant hold the grudge too long! Thanks sir for a great write up. Thoroughly enjoyed!! thanks Kamalakka for bringing this article to the top again. It made me go through all the responses too, that made it all the more interesting. This is the best thing about IL, the interactions and FBs make us all so close like a family,

aparna

8. Cheeniya

Dear Aparna
    Thanks a lot for agreeing with me that moms can be an unfair lot! My mom was no exception. But she always confused me with cuddling me one minute and putting the fear of 'poochandi' next minute. She always went out of her way to be nice to me whenever she had to be harsh with me.Her schemes of compensation were more complex than those of the Almighty! Through my grandchildren, I am able to relive my sweet infancy in the warm hands of my mom.
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  9. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Cheeniya Sir - How very well thatha ghost has written about kurumbu pethi :)

10. Cheeniya

Dear ptamil
    My DW always complains about the 'lootti' that the thatha and pethi indulge in all the time! (She is probably jealous that the pethi is closer to her thatha than her paatti!)
    Sri