1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how u manage a neighbourless, single, naughty child?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by keerthika1219, Jun 11, 2009.

1. keerthika1219

keerthika1219 Senior IL'ite

hi ladies,

here i request u all to give some valuable comments & experiences about with ur naughty talky sweety kids..& how u all manage them..

let me be the first..

my two & half year diamond speaks very less & her action is very fast that i can't run behind her.. but sometimes i will be her daughter.. though i give her all my love she pretends to give her love to her appa.. one day evening when my DH came from office i gave him tea & some discussions were going on..then during i told this is my father..my diamond got very angry & said he is my father & he is only for me..i don't know what happened to me..i argued to her that he is also father for me & u..she can't digest this & immediately she hugged my DH & cried a lot with full of tears..then my DH convinced her that first i'm ur father & then to ur mom..but eventhough me or my DH couldn't seperate her from him..at that moment really i thought about my appa who is not more in the world..i really love u appa..

i don't know exactly..but sometimes our kids show the world & way that it's different to each..

we r a nuclear family living in meerut & belongs to TN..as no more neighbours & friends near to us..we always engage ourselves to be as good friends & foes..

keerthi

2. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Hi, I feel your pain. I live in an independent house - a rarity now a days and lets say we LOVE our neighbours - NOT! One of them tells me they cant help it if their domestic help steals our things from our house . Hello that makes it break-in and entering and makes you an accessory if you dont report it.
    Ok, this post is about being neighbourless and trying to raise a rambunctious kid. My 2.5 year old is also summat like that. Tough to keep him engaged, but can be easily distracted. If your concerns are about keeping her from destroying things, you can always provide for safe atmosphere to do the destructive action. For eg: DS loves jumping on the sofa - my pet peeve has been that he keeps it only when someone visits :). So we have a corner which is filled with mattresses and lotsa pillows, he and I (ahem, the perks of not living in a flat) jump ropes - pretend jump for most times. Redirect it to things/activities you know she loves, when DD gets destructive.
    About why she got upset, well, they do. I have no idea why. DS loves both sets of grandparents and of course us. If any of them were to suggest, he stay back with them and parents leave, I can see the lips starting to quiver. I think that is teasing and children that age do not get it that it is meant to be harmless. They do take it very seriously. In your position, I would stop doing it.
    IMO, it is NOT funny to tell a child he/she does not have the first call on the parents or the parents will abandon them.
    Getting off my soap box here.
    Hugs, sorry about your (recent?) loss. Yes, children have a way of telling us our priorties are skewed and have a way of pulling us back to reality. Hugs to your little one too.

3. keerthika1219

keerthika1219 Senior IL'ite

dear tikka,

thanku for ur brief mail..really hugs work well..i even experienced with her a lot of times..

thanku once again for sharing

keerthi

4. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

deleted double post -

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  5. rush2kanmani

rush2kanmani New IL'ite

hi keerthi i am also undergoing the same thing with my son. since we are new to bangalore my son has no friends to play and always want myself to entertain him which seems quit impossible. i am also looking for tamil family with kid in and around koramangala 5 block to hang out.

kanmani.:cheers