How Tough Is It To Get Work After A Resume Gap?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by anika987, Dec 6, 2021.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Ok..I had updated my skills, also did manual testing with a consulting agency only for them to cheat but it’s ok..

I literally applied for 200 jobs but nothing worked.My interest is more into Human Resources,administrative jobs or data entry.

Honestly,am not interested right now in aftercare or school jobs but kept it as a back up for the future if nothing works.

I really need the truth guys so that I can find some closure.

I have a 10 year resume gap. Is it possible to find a job after this gap?

2. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

I know many ladies who never worked before got jobs in schools as substitute teachers. It works for them because they can give good time to family plus less commute. Once you start something more options will open up. First break in companies is difficult after resume gap but if you learn required skills then entry level job is possible. But for company job is minimum 8 hours plus you will have to commute. Choice is yours.

anika987 likes this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Even for basic Admin jobs?

4. AppuMom

AppuMom Gold IL'ite

Hi OP, when it comes to testing, companies look for profiles which has additional skill sets such as automation testing,scrum certification ,DB testing etc.Manual testing alone in resume may not look impressive to HR.I worked in qa for many years but then moved to other areas as I was not getting calls whenever I tried for jobs.
    You should be checking with career consultant, they can assess what jobs fits you and directions to upskill.
    Admin assistant roles also full time..it's not an easy one or time pass job .Look for hot jobs and niche skills in the market and do research

anika987 likes this.
  5. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

Check indeed.com and governmentJobs.com
    There are many jobs but different organizations post on their own websites. Sometimes you have to make your profile on organizations websites. Try making resume on LinkedIn also. I have been working in IT for more than 20 years so don’t know much about admin jobs. Good luck