1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How tolerant we are

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Being a news buff was watching one of the channels... There was a footage on the hyderbad blast with the title RAM-RAHIM FIGHT TERROR.
    I was wondering what is this flash.. then it so happens there we two victims one Ram and another Rahim both injured in the blast treated at the same hospital unaware of each other until media had a day bringing out the RAM-RAHIM factor.

It really made me wonder.. is the media really helping us out or making things worse. those people who were killed were human at the first place. the persons injured whichever faith they were from would really be praying to god for allowing them to see another day.

How tolerant are we of other religions. In my house we have the bagawad gita, along with the Quran and bible. My son reads the mahabaratha,the gita, the bible and the Quran with the same interest. We have put it in their mind, everybody ultimately prays to the same person.. only the names and ways of worship differ. My daughter does not read much but she follows the same.

In fact our very close friends are muslims and christians. For us they are our friends foremost . our muslim friend does his namaz at our house when he is at our place. We are orthodox brahmins who don't even eat garlic but have never hesitated to eat in his house when the family take so much pain to make us feel welcome.

The more I observe, I think religion is not the problem. i feel it is the people who misuse religion as a means to get their way the problem..

my 2 cents.

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

same on my side too, Shanthi. I think all religions have the same right as other religions. Nothing is high or low. We have no right to criticise the other religion. Rightly said that all are praying to the same God.
    Coming to the news, I think media needs some news to make it sensational and increase its viewer's %
    Sriniketan

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Sriniketan,

I am hurt by what these channels can do for the sake of TRP ratings. The satire by SRK film..phir bhi dhil hai hindustani . there was this man who was supposed to hang somebody interviewed by . it really happened..I think it was for a calcutta rape and murder case??

Today india won the nehru cup..would not have been given so much importance but for the leaders dancing along with the players.

4. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,

Come to real life.... Media hype is a 2 way sword..... It can be used for good and the bad.... It depends upon how and who uses it.... We all appreciate media if it yeilds good results..... So we have to live with it...

Religion.... It is a means to reach the end. But in reality we leave the end behind and fight for the means......

So this is life........

Veda

5. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

I have stopped watching all the News and general channels and have started watching Cartoon Network, POGO and Chutti TV with my kids. I feel that I wont get much tensed by all those news. Infact nowadays I even started hating the daily newspapers.