1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

How To Use Tamboola Bags

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by kalcandu, Apr 6, 2018.

1. kalcandu

kalcandu Silver IL'ite

:lol: i can send you some. Win win solution

madras2018 and Sandycandy like this.
  2. kalcandu

kalcandu Silver IL'ite

I am already using katta pai for that:p which also i have in large numbers! Katta pai..hmm..how to explain..A large cloth bag with wooden stick handle?!:tearsofjoy: Tamboola pai would work for small items like milk sachet. :thumbup:

sindmani, madras2018 and Sandycandy like this.
  3. kalcandu

kalcandu Silver IL'ite

Thanks. I thought of veggie storage. I guess the rest i have to store for future use. The jute ones are really good but rare like you said and I use them to store my artificial jewellery and hardware stuff.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

868FE7C2-3104-47E1-ABFB-42C6CF193E9F.jpeg
    this is ideal katta pai..

the katta pai or shopper’s bag is not jute in many places now and the handle also is plastic.. sigh!! i refuse them in shops..

i only use the handles for my knitting sometimes for holding yarn in some stitches..

the small designer potli goes for storing artificail jewellery by dd. her paint brishes and all.

if they are nice and dont have names
    E3D90189-5456-4BD4-8E28-02994DDF0BD0.jpeg

i use them to gift. like for functions where we need to take sugar or rice along with gift thesr come handy

even navarathri thamboolam. the haldi kumkum, gift, bangles mirror comb all sit in nicely. no need to search for a bag..

5. kalcandu

kalcandu Silver IL'ite

Awesome post. Thanks for sharing. Ya katta pai does have plastic handle these days and is made of cloth. Thanks to my mom, I am a katta pai fan. I swear by these bags for any requirement. For train travel these used to be the bag of choice for carrying food packets and water bottles. While relocating, I utilized these bags to put my stuff into, tied up the handles using yarn and packed 2 bags each in a cardboard carton. It was very neat and handy.

The potli looks beautiful. Sigh. I dint get such fancy stuff. Only plain standard bags with names printed.:neutral: I read up somewhere that we can use cloth bag for packing footwear for travel.

sindmani likes this.
  6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

yes. we do shoes too.

the katta pai from some stores are not cloth. they are poly mixed..i send it as it comes to the orphanage i patronise. with groceries and daily newspaper .

some stores consciously have moved to cloth with just regular cloth handles.

sindmani and kalcandu like this.
  7. mukuganga

mukuganga New IL'ite

In small towns, few shops in markets will take new taamboola bags like each for Rs.2 or 3 depends on the size. My mum will collect and sell them when it reaches 25 or 50. Only unused bags they will take.

We use to store veggies in it if it's a cloth bag. Big kattai bags will be used to give away used clothes to the needy people.

shravs3, Sandycandy and kalcandu like this.
  8. kalcandu

kalcandu Silver IL'ite

Good one. Thanks for sharing. I think I am going to convince my mom to take some bags from me and use them to pack golu bommai(navaratri dolls).

sindmani, shravs3 and Sandycandy like this.
  9. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

I am supposedly from the south too :laughing:

shravs3 likes this.
  10. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

Give me the pretty decorative ones, worthy of keeping jewellery ( not milk sachets ) :lol:

sindmani and kalcandu like this.