1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How to use quaker oats or britania oats for breakfast?

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by rissy, May 31, 2012.

1. rissy

rissy Silver IL'ite

Can I mix one tea spoon of raw quaker oats to glass of skimmed milk in morning breakfast and drink it. Is it harmful to mix raw quaker oats in milk and drink it. Is there any other low calorie jain vegetarian recipe I can make with quaker oats for breakfast. Pls suggest

2. Goodgod

Goodgod IL Hall of Fame

hello rissy.........you can boil raw oats for 4-5 min. on stove top or 2min in microwave with water in it. then after done can added sugar or salt to it . if sugar can add fruit, nuts, milk to it. if salt then can add buttermilk to it but let it totally cool if are trying with buttermilk.

the more you boil the more creamy it will be.
    hope this helps.

1 person likes this.
  3. ramkarthick2011

ramkarthick2011 Bronze IL'ite

Very informative, i will make note of it.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

rissy,

you can add oats to your vegetable soups.. cook it along with soups.. you can add 1/2 oats and 1/2 atta and make rotis.

you can actually eat cooked oats with the sabjis you make for the day.. it is an acquired taste that you develop if you are looking at oats for weight loss.

we make pongal, upma, curd oats, sambar oats, biscuits, rotis, idlis..there is a whole lot of things you can make once you think off..i have even made oats pulao...

1 person likes this.
  5. supreep

supreep Gold IL'ite

Hi Shanvy,

Can you please give recipe for oats upma and oats pulao? I would like to try once

1 person likes this.