How to temporarily suspend BSNL broadband and landline connection?

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by samba, Apr 26, 2010.

1. samba

samba Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,
    We are going to stay away from our home temporarily for 4 months and would return after that.During this period to suspend the BSNL landline conection heard that 'safe custody' option is available.Is only RS.50 per month is charged for this?wat to do with broadband connection?Is there any way of suspending it?plz give details on this.....................

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

samba,

with the excess load, it will become difficult to get the broadband connection immediately.

there is 199 scheme where you pay 199 and both the connections are intact. if you have isd facility lock it using a password and it remains safe.

only thing you need to remember is when you change plan this month the effect is only from next month if it is a combo of bb and telphone.

I use this facility when i go out on vacation.

3. samba

samba Bronze IL'ite

shanvy,
    sry I cant get you.Actually ours is Home 500 C plan.The one you mentioned is Home combo 199 know?I cant understand what is 199 scheme.can u explain me in detail on this.So if I want to make my connection intact(both LL & BB) then do I need to pay 500 every month like this?Plz clear me.........

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Samba,

this was suggested by customer service people. to switch over to the 199 plan as it works out cheaper, otherwise you have to pay the whole 500 for the 500 plan.

mine is a bsnl premium + bbroadband account. if i don't call i will still get a 2450+750+taxes, so i moved to the 199 per month and then switched back to the original plan.

5. samba

samba Bronze IL'ite

oh ok......now I can understand.what you did for your landline?

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

bsnl premium is the landline. I have unlimited with bsnl premium.

i pay 199 for both together. the customer service will explain to you when you give the letter..

7. samba

samba Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Thanx for ur info:)