How to talk to the Dead ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by rosegirl, Apr 22, 2010.

1. rosegirl

rosegirl Bronze IL'ite

Hi
    I came across an article in weeklyworldnew.com, just want to share it with you all.

Millions of people talk to the dead every day – and so can you with these three easy steps!
    All you have to do is clear your mind of thoughts and worries and tune in to the invisible lines of communication that exist between the living and the dead.
    With a little practice, you’ll be able to speak with dead friends and loved ones at will, just like millions of other people who rely on the dead to give them advice and guidance on a daily basis.
    “It might sound too good to be true – but it’s not,” declared Dr. John Stanton, whose exciting book, Talking to the Dead, is expected to hit bookshelves next spring.
    “Studies suggest that as many as 720 million people across the world communicate with dead relatives and loved ones every day. They rely on them for all kinds of advice, ranging from financial problems and career choices to lucky numbers for the lottery.
    “These people aren’t lunatics or crackpots,” he added. “They’re solid citizens like you and me. And if you want to learn how to talk to the dead, you can.
    “It’s as easy as one, two, three.”
    In his book, Dr. Stanton tells how Mrs. H.G. of Los Angeles won a $1.7 million lottery jackpot using numbers she got from her husband, who was killed in a car crash four years earlier. He also cites the case of R.T. of Baltimore, who bought stock at the urging of his dead dad – and re-sold it four weeks later for a $240,000 profit.
    You can learn to talk to the dead with the following tips from Dr. Stanton’s book. The three-point plan is easy to master and will work for anyone, Dr. Stanton said.

1. Find a quiet place to sit or lie down. Close your eyes and clear your mind of all thoughts and worries.
    2. When you feel perfectly relaxed, fix a mental image of the person you want to communicate with in your mind.
    3. After a few seconds, ask the person a question. Keep your mind focused on the mental image of the person you want to communicate with. Do not put words in his mouth. Wait patiently for the reply.
    “You might connect on the first try, but don’t count on it,” said Dr. Stanton. “Chances are, you’ll have to practice the techniques for a week or so before you break through the invisible boundary between the living and the dead.
    That’s not to say that you should wear yourself out. Five minutes a day is more than enough to master the procedure.”

2. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

Sounds like a load of pony to me.

How do dead people know the winning lottery numbers? Do they publish the winning numbers a day early in heaven or something? LOL Or for that matter stock tips? Why would dead people be following the share price movements after they are dead?

If people think they can talk to dead people, they should check themselves into a mental institution. You can talk to dead people only in M. Night Shyamalan's movies LOL

3. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

There's this lady in Chennai called Aavigaludan Amudha. Amudha is her name and Aaviglaudan means amidst of the spirits. She did the same quack job of talking to the spirits and now there's a case that she has abducted an ester year actors husband.

Shyamalan is the new kid on the block; the typical Indian type would be Vittalacharya or perhaps too many Whoopies out of the Ghost around.

4. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

These quacks who claim to talk to dead people are around everywhere in the world. As long as stupidity exists in people, these quacks will have a flourishing business.

Interestingly, the google ads for this page shows a 'Amazing Psychic Advice' on top and a 'Jump into Spirit World' advert on the bottom :rotfl

Dead people do not talk. They are dead and nor do they hang out in some dead people's world sending emails and sms to living people. All these advancements in science and technology and we still have people believing in talking to dead people to predict their future.

Btw, can someone ask a dead person if they have a/c in hell? That information could help me plan :rotfl

LOL I don't know who Vittalachara is. I just know M. Night Shymalan who is obsessed with this paranormal rubbish and he made one or maybe two good movies and the rest of them were boring crap. It is about time he changed his movie themes to something else.

5. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

Here's the link about Vittalacharya B. Vittalacharya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most of his movies dealt around ghosts, supernatural elements. It were those days when the Indian film industry did not have any sophisticated animation or multimedia techniques.

It used to be fun watching them. I recall one of those movies where the ghost comes in the form of the lady of the house. She would have run of wood logs for the days cooking fire. She will instantaneously use her legs. :biglaugh:biglaugh:biglaughas a substitute for wood.

Talking to ghosts, heaven, hell and the wandering spirits in thin air are nice to talk about for a while.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  6. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

He makes Telugu and kannada movies. No wonder I have never heard of him LOL

I've seen my fair share of ghost and horror movies in my lifetime but mostly Hollywood movies. There are people who think Tower of London is haunted by the ghost of Anne Boleyn and many other ghosts. Ghosts and spirits are ok as a topic of fantasy and fiction but to let them in the realm of reality and believing in their existence would be taking it too far LOL

7. Arunadhri

Arunadhri Bronze IL'ite

The question is: 'Who is it that died?
    The ego-mind-thought-body complex that lived from birth to death did not exist before birth. It does not after death. Whatever, if anything, survives after death, that would have been existing before birth. This has nothing at all to do with the interlude of the earthly existence.

I am afraid that it sounds very very thin to me. Non existent to be precise.

I for one have no desire whatsoever to talk to the dead. Nor do I have the time to practice auto hypnotic procedures

Last edited: Apr 22, 2010
  8. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Oh my..Oh my ..Oh my...Is it true?

I hope people do not become schezophranic imagining things..:drowning

9. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

hi rosegirl.....
    no offence...but should nt we leave the dead in peace atleast in their death..
    I for one wouldnt wanna be disturbed in my grave, jst becoz my family or sumone else cant cope with my passing way. Lets be realistic...."nobody dies with the dead."

10. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Whats so great about talking to ghosts! Dont you talk to your spouses everyday? Ain't that scary enough? Booo! :bonk

Last edited: Apr 23, 2010