1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

How to store Phulkas for the party in the refrigerator?

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by mahdee, Apr 19, 2011.

1. mahdee

mahdee New IL'ite

Hi ,
    When there is a party, rotis or phulkas are must to have, as they go well with curries.
    I dont know how to make naan , so I generally make phulkas, as they are lite and healthy for dinner parties at home.

I want to know how to prepare them the day before or just a few hours before the guests arrive and store it in refrigerator and serve them hot later.

Please provide me some tips to stack phulkas. I dont want to use store bought rotis.

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

It is very nice of you to make pulkas for party. I do make them a day before and leave it outside. Le tit cool. Then Put it on a paper towel and then wrap it up with aluminum foil. Then heat it up in oven. Comes out good.

Since I live near by, you can invite me for dinner parties anytime. I would love taste your home made pulkas.

Have a great day.

CL :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

3. Nimame

Nimame New IL'ite

Thanks for the tips. But could you tell me, do we need to refrigerate the phulkas or can be kept it outside after covering with paper towel and foil?!!!

4. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

I sometimes make these spinach/methi roti which is a BIG hit aamong our friends. I will take a bunch of fresh spinach, 2-3 big table spoon of dry kastori methi, 2-3 gloves of garlic , salt to taste& a green chilli. I will grind this to fine paste with about 1-2 tb sp of yogurt. I will make my dough using this and if I need more liquid I will add milk. Make the dough & keep for an hour or so. Then knead it & make rotis. As you make the rotis make sure they are not getting crispy & are soft. You can also make paranthas with this dough . Once done stack them & then wrap them with foil. I then put it in a Tupperware & store in fridge. When you are ready to serve just microwave & serve.