1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to stop/ prevent MIL from brainwashing husband?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by nehatalkies, Feb 8, 2010.

1. nehatalkies

nehatalkies New IL'ite

HI All,
    Most of us know that the main problem of fights between husband-wife is husband mother when she's overprotective and jealous of her DIL.
    In such scenario, MIL will try to brainwash the husbands mind and fill it with -vity for wife. Any tips/suggestions to prevent this brainwashing system in wife's absence?

2. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

You cant prevent a sponge from soaking water when in contact, however you can isolate yourself from the scene where this soaking is going on by turning a blind eye & later wringing that sponge dry.

Reverse brain washing can happen only with utmost patience & fulfilling your duty without raising a single fight... even when you know the rubbish coming from DH's mouth was fed to him by MIL. I do it after every visit.

2 people like this.
  3. Dontlikelife

Dontlikelife New IL'ite

I so far filled in all my attempts. I tried to explain to my husband that you are influenced etc.. etc..

But end of day, he think im an evil.. So don't do my mistake.. Just stay away and calm. I feel that's the only way that doesn't back wire. Anything other thanthat will have adverse effects.

1 person likes this.
  4. saianugraha

saianugraha Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Highly impossible, very rarely some husbands come out of it after few washes.
    unless and only your husband doesn't want his brain to be washed by his mom.

you cannot do anything.

Even if you try for innumerable times it's just "WASTE".

But I highly recommend "do not give up " until you succeed. Keep trying harder!!!!!

good luck!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  5. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

You cannot stop her from brain washing, however you can convince your DH and earn his trust, I know this is very difficult but you can do which means you have to wait patiently for some months or even years, from my personal experience for me it took many many years for my husband to believe me .

2 people like this.
  6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Just hope your husband can think on his own....and is not scared of his parents.
    My in laws tried to do it to my husband...his response was "why are you complaining...you only chose her na?"(arranged marriage :coffee)It didn't show me in a very good light either but it shut them up for good.

5 people like this.
  7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Old thread but with ever lasting relevance!!!

Some simple solutions:

Marry brainless husband (BH) - no brain, no brain washing!

If you marry brainy husband (also BH), brain him (remove brain by suitable means), so he is turned to brainless husband, so no possibility of brain washing!

Make his brain water proof so no amount of brain washing can have any effect. This can be achieved by constant nagging till the two holes on the two sides of his head are permenantly sealed to all sources of audio waves.

3 people like this.
  8. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

I am so sorry Dontlike life....Please do start liking your life.

There are two things in brainwash program:
    The person's brain is empty
    He decides where to fill the 'tank'

You CANNOT force him to...unless he considers trying you once. Please don't waste your time trying to change someone, its practically impossible. You cannot change an adult... unless he wishes to...

9. Sowmya2709

Sowmya2709 Platinum IL'ite

Keep Mum and stand by the side of ur DH when he pampers his Parents and digest whatever ur ILs do or irritate u with a hope that in due course of time ur DH will understand & support u and brain washing of MIL doesnt impact ur relationship... This is the hope which is keeping me calm and bear whatever my ILs do..

10. Ishika84

Ishika84 Silver IL'ite

I need help on same issue.. M traveling to India in nov...and everytime we stay with inlawz they creat a big drama...and alwz pump DH against me... M sick of it...
    now a days mil saying that u r owner and my son is ur pug..wherever you go he follows you ....