1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Stop Feeling Disappointed When People Cancel On You Last Minute?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, Oct 28, 2017.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I made a new friend recently and we had planned to go out on Sunday evening along with her friends for a dance party.I got very excited.This plan had been made one week back.

I have never been to a dance party as such with a group and this place has some dress code too.

Hence,I brought a new dress,nice sandals and literally was dreaming for Sunday night.I was very excited all week.

Just sometime back,due to an emergency the friend cancelled.I feel so moody now..I mean the gush of excitement transformed into disappointment.I feel so bad.

I know it's an emergency but i feel so off.However,a lesson learnt.No expectations.Just sharing my feelings

2. Elsa

Elsa Gold IL'ite

Sorry to hear that. There is always a next time. You can check with any of your other friends if they would like to join you or still go ahead with the original plan with her friends or if you are married, you can go with your husband.

anika987 likes this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Elsa.Feeling better now.Next time will always be in check with my emotions

4. September2015

September2015 Bronze IL'ite

This is one cancellation and an emergency at that. You know the saying if God blocks it don't stalk it. Leave it alone. Allow this friend who cancelled be the one to reschedule. Do not ask them when they will hang out again. It's irritating. I get it, more than you know. Expect nothing, that way when you do get a positive something you'll be so grateful :) My experience: My husband insisted that he invite his work friend and his wife for dinner---which I had to prepare and spent hours doing several dishes. They were more than 3 hours late to the first dinner and would be the last dinner I would ever invite them to ---I even I told them days in advance and she decided to go to take the drivers exam and they were stuck at the goverment office for hours. The worst part is that I was the one who personally invited and they only inform my husband that they are stuck at the government office!My husband was the one to tell me. Rude. Then when they arrive they don't want to eat right away and it's already past 8pm and honestly I was tired. In America we eat then socialize after. I didn't like their inability to adjust, they come late and I had to adjust to their eating custom.The audacity to tell me they ate a little something already! Huge turn off. Eventually they did eat. Another time she invited me over for food, and even insisted normally I wouldn't say yes, but I told her "good I didnt eat and I'm hungry"---just before I can head over---she sends me a text "Im going to sleep, please don't think wrong" WTH??? She would cancel and reschedule all the time and blame her poor time managment on her toddler son...who is a delight I might add. My first impression of her was that dinner and after that single experience I wanted nothing to do with her honestly (since she reminded me of my sister-in-law) it was my husband that kept insisting I mingle with her---long story short, it ended badly.

anika987 likes this.