1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to stop bottle feeding

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by SaiNiharika, Jan 20, 2015.

1. SaiNiharika

SaiNiharika Bronze IL'ite

How to stop bottle feeding to my 15 month baby boy ?

2. nalinidiv

nalinidiv Platinum IL'ite

Hi i stopped bottle feeding by offering my daughter a chotta bheem cup( she was a hardcore chota bheem fan )

3. SaiNiharika

SaiNiharika Bronze IL'ite

Hi, Thanks for reply, i used to feed with steel glass after i stopped breast feed. But he is drinking very little amount of milk. So i switched to bottle. He will drink milk once in the morning and before going to bed at night and in the midnights. He wake ups 2-3 times in nights i will kept bottle in his mouth then he sleeps again. Is this possible with cups. please suggest me how much milk did 15 months kid required ?

4. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Do not you get those sippy cups in India? I think there are.
    Many years ago back in India, I had tupperware tumbler for adults. Sippy cups are similar but small sizes. Sippy cups are mix of bottle and glass and meant for transitioning.

Start giving little in sippy cups and full feed in bottle.Then gradually increase intake with sippy cups, night time you have to use bottles. Once sippy cups adopted , they can easily transition mto glass.

You many want to avoid night feedings by increasing day time feed & solids intake. 15 months is old enough to take out night feedings. But it is totally upto you.

Now this is extra stress of sippy cups introduction. Old times we did not have all this and somehow we started glasses. So If you feel comfortable with your ways now, and your baby has started with glass or will soon, no need to add sippy cups tension.

1 person likes this.